Multiple System License? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 28th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Multiple System License?

Please forgive my aging memory, but I seem to remember that Adobe Premiere Pro's license can be used on up to 3 systems at a time. I further seem to remember that to transfer Aspect HD to my laptop requires that my desktop system be unregistered first and some Emails be exchanged with Cineform. And then I have to do it all over again to get it back on my desktop.

I'm about to go on vacation (where I might not even have Internet access). Could Cineform please consider adopting a multi-system license for the increasing number of us who have both destops and laptops?

Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Major Player

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=110386

From David Newman:

"Similar to Adobe's licensing scheme, you are technically allowed one activation for Neo HDV per our licensing agreement. But For Neo HDV and Aspect HD, in our database we actually enbale two activations for individuals in your situation - those who have a desktop machine and a laptop. So go to our registration site twice - one for each machine, and activate each separately."
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Which was the biggest drawback when I upgraded to Prospect HD :-/
John McGinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

For Prospect HD we do the same upon directly request (not via the forum.) All our software is offically just one license, even in the case of Aspect HD and NEO HDV, however Prospect HD typically goes into the hands of larger firms. We allow one laptop and one workstation install, we are just trying to discourage multiple workstations installs for multiple concurrent users. So for a Prospect HD laptop license, in additon to your workstation license, please email us.

Last edited by David Newman; December 29th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
David Newman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase