Can't change timecode in Cineform avi at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 1st, 2008, 08:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Can't change timecode in Cineform avi

Hi Folks, and Happy New Year

I'm relatively new to video editing and am having some trouble with timecode. I have a canon HV20 with PP CS3 which I started to use to edit a music video I'm working on. I imported all my clips originally using batch capture from the camera and as soon as I added a second video track the glitches started and my workflow was extremely slow. So I opted for Aspect HD and so far am impressed with the improved perfomance. The problem I'm having now is that If want to change the timecode of a clip for syncing purposes using File->Timecode->Set at Current Frame it doesn't stick ie: when I reopen the project it reverts back to the original timecode. I've done some googling and it seems that the timecode is stored in the avi file? But premiere seems unable to update it when it uses the cineform codec. My previous non-cineform project was fine with changing the timecode.

I recaptured all my clips in PP with the batch capture btw. SO timecode is the same as in my original batch logs
Declan Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:13 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It just tested this, and you are correct. Something has changed and we will look into this when we are back from holidays.
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks David. I've logged a ticket with support as well. Any ideas as to how long it might take to fix?
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #4
New Boot

I'm guessing this update isn't coming anytime in the next week so can anyonme suggest a work around that can help me finish my edit in that time?

I have a non Cineform project with the same files captured. If I try to import this into a new PPCS3 Cineform project would this convert the files to Cineform and keep the timecode?

My only solution now is to do it a video track at a time as the edited timecode will stay with the clip until I close PP. Any other suggestions for a relative newbie? I have about 30 takes that need to be synced to the audio track
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #5
New Boot

Just got the latest update and this problem is now fixed. Thanks a million CF :)
Declan Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase