OT and Cini and PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 24th, 2008, 04:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

OT and Cini and PC

I have been saving my "masters" out of Vegas (on a PC) as Ciniform AVI's, when I put them on the web I have been using the Apple TV setting thru QT pro. But QT doesn't seem to be able to encode the Cineform files (it plays them fine) it will also play nice with AVI uncompressed. I am using the NEO flavor not the free one out of Vegas.
Any ideas out there?
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I´ve never exported to quicktime directly from quicktime. I do my exports from Premiere, or AE. Im not very familiar with Vegas I only use it to encode dolby sound.

But in Premiere you can use adobe media encoder and export to whichever file format you want using the presets.

I´ve done a lot of quicktime exports from my cineform masters. Most of the times I use AE and export to quicktime H264. You can save both masters the Cineform AVI and the H264 and use the H24 for web deliverables.

I use the Cineform as an intermediate codec, as I would doit with dpx sequences, both have exceptional image quality but cineform saves a lot of space, and can be played back in a comercial media player.

Maybe you can try to export from Vegas.
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase