Aspect Causes Unknown Exception in AE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 26th, 2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Aspect Causes Unknown Exception in AE

I'm having two main problems.

First, I have Adobe Production Studio CS3 and several months ago purchased Aspect HD for Premiere Pro. I've used it without any problems. Today, I went to use After Effects (for the first time since installing Aspect HD) and continued to get the following error message: "After Effects Warning: Unknown Exception."

I did a google search for that message and found some articles stating that it might be caused by Aspect HD. So, I uninstalled Aspect HD and AE worked fine with no error messages. I then reinstalled Aspect HD and once again started receiving the "Unknown Exception" messages in AE.

I did not purchase Aspect HD for AE, but Premiere Pro, but is shouldn't cause errors in AE.

My second issue concerns my reinstallation of Aspect HD. When I try and launch HDLink, it does NOT open and I get the following error message: Error while unpacking program, code E2. Please report to author.

I know I can uninstall Aspect again and work in AE without any problems, but (1) continually uninstalling/reinstalling Aspect is not a solution and (2) Aspect no longer works after I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

Please help!
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have seen the After Effects Warning, and it doesn't seem to be in the next build, that hopefully that will be available next of next week. When trying to track this down in the current version, we have removed all the component AE used, and it still did it, so it is weird one. It could still be that bad AJA component, so delete Program Files/CineForm/AspectHD/AJACaptureFilter.ax just in case. Sorry about that HDLink issue, that is new to me, will need a Monday support ticket.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

David,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have now gotten AspectHD to work properly again in PremierePro CS3 (no more "unpacking" error message when opening HDLink). However, I'm still getting the "Unknown Exception" error message in AE CS3. There is absolutely no doubt that this error in AE is caused by Aspect HD because it goes away every time I uninstall Aspect HD. Anyway, it's good to hear that I'm not the first one to have this problem and hopefully it will be fixed in the next build.

Last edited by Jim Day; January 26th, 2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: One problem corrected
Jim Day is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase