Neo HD Pricing difference to Neo HDV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Neo HD Pricing difference to Neo HDV

Hi Vegas 8 users and Cineform

I've been using the demo of Neo HD with Vegas 8 and want to buy it - but the extra $350 seems a bit steep differential from the Neo HDV version.

I am shooting HDV and then distributing on DVD in SD. I havent done a comparison of what my final output would be like if i had used Neo HDV for capture (do i have the time?NOT). I do use the Vegas filters for colour correction but dont use another tool eg AE etc.

Based on your experience is the extra $350 worth it for use

- in Vegas 8 bit mode or
- in Vegas 32 bit mode

Many thanks
Sherif
Sherif Choudhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Major Player

Considering your source is HDV (ie 1440x1080) and your final deliverable asset is a standard definition DVD, I can't help but think that Neo HD is going to be overkill for your project.

The great thing about CineForm is that you once have made a purchase you can always contact the guys directly for an upgrade and just pay the difference in price.

Once your workflow is fully HD, for example, with Blu-ray as your final destination, an upgrade to Neo HD or Prospect HD (should you switch to Premiere) is something you can consider.
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #3
Major Player

For shooting HDV Cineform is very valuble, It has so many uses. I shoot HDV use Cineform to capture and then can change from m2t to avi or mov. or cature that way, I assure you you will see a difference with cineform, go to their website and look at the technical pages and you will see. My dvds, lately, are very acceptable. I use a Sony V1 and shoot 1080i, capture with cineform and deinterlace. I edit progressive using Vegas. Check out my clips under Sony V1 or overland,water. the dvds from these clips are almost the same quality, but are sd. NEO HDV will work fine for you
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Major Player

HDV it is then !

Richard, Hugh

Thanks, Neo HDV it is then.

Sherif
Sherif Choudhry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase