Machina Duh at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Machina Duh

Just blew two weeks trying to fix issues that popped up after an upgrade to CS3. Decided to fix the mess by doing a clean re-install of Windows and everything (including Prospect 4K). Finished and then noticed a little box that popped up on the Xena icon that read "no board found". In addition, the HD-SDI option in the Prospect playback preferences was grayed (unavailable). I Thought that I'd re-loaded all the drivers but-- somehow--did not save/backup some element from AJA. In a panic, I went to the AJA site and loaded an updated driver. It came with something called Machina. Now the Xena icon tells me that it has found "one board" and the HD-SDI options are available again in the Playback prefs.

Here's my questions...

Will this plug-in (Machina) be okay with HDLink?

I won't know until I rent an $800/day HDcam deck but I'd rather find out now.
Jim Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 04:06 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No idea. We ship different drivers than what you are using. The drivers in Program Files/CineForm/AJA are the only one we test with. AJA has separate driver for companies like CineForm and the retail drivers you are using. Give is a try.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 04:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Boxxing Match

The driver was bundled with PPro 1.5 and Prospect in a BOXX NLE (w/Dual Opteron and 2TB Raid array). I purchased it from BOXX back in '05--right after DUST TO GLORY raised up so much...dust. I thought you guys worked with the folks in Austin on this system.
Jim Long is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase