Resize algorithm used in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 export to Cineform at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Resize algorithm used in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 export to Cineform

In Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, are different resizing algorithms used for Cineform exports compared to other exports? If so, is it only available in Aspect HD (not NeoHDV)?

In Cineform's Guide to Maintaining Best Image Quality When Exporting to DVD, it is suggested that the export be resized using the Video.Frame Size controls in Adobe.

With vanilla HDV projects, I prefer to frameserve to avisynth's lanzcos3, because because I think it adds a bit more sharpening than whatever Adobe is using.

If I had to guess, I would wager that Adobe resizes the frame before giving it to Cineform (or any other codec) for encoding. But I understand Aspect HD does a lot of special magic in Adobe, hence the question.
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 06:00 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If our importer is used, it can be responsable for the resizing and it uses a lanzcos filter, but there are situations where Premiere does the resize. Sorry I don't know the all the situations that use each filter type. NEO HDV comes with our Premiere importer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase