Exporting from Primierie CS3 to BluRay compatible media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Exporting from Primierie CS3 to BluRay compatible media

I captured footage from an HV20 using HDLink and then imported these clips into Premiere Pro CS3 and edited them. The project preset was Cineform HDV 1080i. I exported the timeline first using "Maintaining Best Image Qualiity when exporting to DVD" from Cineform's technotes and got a great result when importing the resulting .avi , importing to Encore and burning a regular DVD.

I now want to export the sequence again in a form that can be used in a bluray disk. Are there similar instructions on how to do this?
I was thinking I would use "export to movie" with the "Cineform HD export" set in the General settings.
However, 1. Under Video-Pixel Aspect Ratio do I use HD Anamorphic 1080(1.333) or DVCPRO HD?
2. Do I check "recompress" or not?
3. Under Keyframe and Rendering do I use "upper" or "lower" fields first.
4. Do I check "deinterlace video footage" or not.
I appologize for this newbie question. Thanks in advance.
John Rich
John Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

1) Match your source; likely 1440x1080 1.33:1 anamorphic.
2) not used by the CineForm exporter, i.e. doesn't matter.
3) If interlaced, all HD is upper field first.
4) Up to you. It will half your vertical resolution to deinterlace at this stage.
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Tourist

HD Playback issue with Vista Windows Media Center

I am having trouble playing back .AVI HDV video files on Windows Media Center running under Vista Ultimate Edition. During playback, I experience frequent image freezes and frame distortions.

The files I am playing were created by capturing a video shot on a Sony HDR-FX1 camcorder into Adobe Premiere 1.5.1 with the Cineform HD plug-in and exporting them as an .AVI 1080i files (1440 x 1080, 1.3333 pixel aspect ratio) .

The hardware platform of the playback system consists of a fast processor (Intel Core 2 Q6600 2.4GHz 64bit Quad Core, 1066MHz Front Side Bus, 2x2 MB of L2 CPU cache), fast memory (2GB of DDR2 Memory), fast disk 7200RPM SATA w/ 16MB cache).

I was advised that I was using the wrong codec.

In an attempt to get around that issue, I installed the trial version of Aspect HD v5. The result was even worse. I got a completely black screen with no picture at all when playing back the file with either Vista Windows Media Center or Vista Windows Media Player.

QUESTIONS:

1) Is the CFHD codec that comes with the Cineform HD plug-in certified to be compatible with Vista? If not, is there a Vista-compatible version available somewhere?

2) Is Aspect HD v5 supposed to be compatible with Vista Windows Media Center?

3) Is there any known workaround to that playback issue, like some other media player that would work with Vista? I've tried using the Vista Windows Media Player but I get jagged edges and severe motion blur.

Thanks for any help.

JB.
Jacques Bouvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Jacques,

You posted in someone elses thread. You need to file a trouble ticket (www.cineform.com/support.) Try Media Player Classic http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...er_Classic.htm, as Windows Media Player is broken in Vista for YUV playback from our decoder.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase