DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Crashing and all round poor performance (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/121512-crashing-all-round-poor-performance.html)

Christopher Grant Harvey May 13th, 2008 02:36 AM

Crashing and all round poor performance

Hi David

So I decided to update to Prospect 2K, running latest build now. My system has not changed at all recently.

My problems occur inside Premiere, I have taken some clip shots with the HVX200 and upsampled them to 1920 x 1080 and working in a Prospect preset. Everything is fine except the Premiere interface is laggy and crashes constantly. It often crashes when importing clips, and when it crashes there is no error message the UI simply hangs and stops responding.

I imported the original .mxf files into a native Premiere project and I have been playing around for hours and it is solid, no crashes or lagging. The media is on my RAID drive. Now since the native editing is so smooth I am assuming I must have a setting somewhere in Prospect that is causing something to crash or conflict... since all of my Aspect HD projects were smooth.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

David Newman May 13th, 2008 08:23 AM

Contact support, there should be no performance and stability difference between Aspect HD and Prospect HD. Of course 32-bit processing is a slower than Aspect HD 8-bit only functionality, you can turn off 32-bit processing if you need for editing, and turn it back on for rendering and exports. We have found a bug when using the display filter stack depth option (leave that off of now, it is fixed in the next build.)

Christopher Grant Harvey May 13th, 2008 02:35 PM

Hi David,

I have turned off the filter stack depth option, and the 32 bit processing and things are perfect, the project does not crash when importing files. Not sure if it is related at all.. but it works now.

Thanks,

Christopher Grant Harvey May 14th, 2008 12:43 PM

With filter stack depth turned off my system has been really solid the entire day editing 1920 x 1080 footage with multiple colour correction filters and layers. Plus I have set 32 bit processing on and it still works great.

No crashes at all!!

Seems the bug lies with the filter stack depth.... cause my system crashed a lot before.

David Newman May 14th, 2008 01:11 PM

That is our experience too. The filter stack display option is fix in the next build, it is a nice feature to use.

Christopher Grant Harvey May 14th, 2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 877212)
That is our experience too. The filter stack display option is fix in the next build, it is a nice feature to use.

I like it. This is perhaps a weird request but is there any way to change the position of the display box itself? I tend to add mattes over my footage and the display box gets cut off.

Are all the Cineform effects 32 bit?

David Newman May 14th, 2008 01:36 PM

Position control, good idea, yes one day.

Not all CineForm filters are 32-bit, I don't think the wipes and pushes are.