Crashing and all round poor performance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 13th, 2008, 02:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Crashing and all round poor performance

Hi David

So I decided to update to Prospect 2K, running latest build now. My system has not changed at all recently.

My problems occur inside Premiere, I have taken some clip shots with the HVX200 and upsampled them to 1920 x 1080 and working in a Prospect preset. Everything is fine except the Premiere interface is laggy and crashes constantly. It often crashes when importing clips, and when it crashes there is no error message the UI simply hangs and stops responding.

I imported the original .mxf files into a native Premiere project and I have been playing around for hours and it is solid, no crashes or lagging. The media is on my RAID drive. Now since the native editing is so smooth I am assuming I must have a setting somewhere in Prospect that is causing something to crash or conflict... since all of my Aspect HD projects were smooth.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
Christopher Grant Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Contact support, there should be no performance and stability difference between Aspect HD and Prospect HD. Of course 32-bit processing is a slower than Aspect HD 8-bit only functionality, you can turn off 32-bit processing if you need for editing, and turn it back on for rendering and exports. We have found a bug when using the display filter stack depth option (leave that off of now, it is fixed in the next build.)
Old May 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi David,

I have turned off the filter stack depth option, and the 32 bit processing and things are perfect, the project does not crash when importing files. Not sure if it is related at all.. but it works now.

Thanks,
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

With filter stack depth turned off my system has been really solid the entire day editing 1920 x 1080 footage with multiple colour correction filters and layers. Plus I have set 32 bit processing on and it still works great.

No crashes at all!!

Seems the bug lies with the filter stack depth.... cause my system crashed a lot before.
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is our experience too. The filter stack display option is fix in the next build, it is a nice feature to use.
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
That is our experience too. The filter stack display option is fix in the next build, it is a nice feature to use.
I like it. This is perhaps a weird request but is there any way to change the position of the display box itself? I tend to add mattes over my footage and the display box gets cut off.

Are all the Cineform effects 32 bit?
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Position control, good idea, yes one day.

Not all CineForm filters are 32-bit, I don't think the wipes and pushes are.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase