Cineform Neo on Vista 64bit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform Neo on Vista 64bit

Hi sorry about this, I'll break this into 2 questions;

1) Does Cineform Neo work on Vista 64-bit yet, has anyone got it to work? I rendered a 28 min clip in Sony Platinum , rendered out to Cineform, HDV, progressive, and 29.97 as that was the only template available...(1440x1080). This was in avi (wrapper?). Downloaded VLC, but I must have rendered wrong as no player could play it. Sorry, still newb in video here.

2) the best way to archive HDV/mt2 files given rendering on a laptop. I tried to steer clear of WMV etc. following Eugenia, I was hoping to avoid a render such as from Mt2 to MPEG which takes me 6-10 x on the laptop. There must be a way to do it (Mt2 to Mt2 apart from 'print to tape' that's quicker. Anything that's lossless is ok (VLC plays Mt2 files just fine) provided I can do it from the time-line a bit quicker in the same format. The huffy codec process Eugenia suggests is too complicated for a non-techie like me. Any suggestions (apart from that my 'beast laptop' needs a quadcore and sli 8800gtx's) are welcome.

See my previous thread for Sig on laptop specs etc.
Arne Pursell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Vegas to CineForm.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Best program for playback of Cineform is " Media Player Classic " ....

Google for it and download...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase