2 LCDs + 1 monitor ?! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 26th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Major Player

2 LCDs + 1 monitor ?!

Hey guys.

So here's my CURRENT setup:
Quad Core Intel, 4gb Ram, 2TB hdd, Geforce 7900 PCIe running 2x LCD 21" monitors, Geforce 5200 PCI for third monitor.

I use the 7900 to output to my dual LCDs for my desktop and premiere editing.
I bought the 5200 just to get an extra S-video out so I could work my color correction on my Broadcast monitor.

So I need to run three monitors.

But the 5200 doesn't seem to work, I can't get my overlay settings to work in SD or HD.

So, I'm willing to bite the bullet. I was told I should get the INTENSITY PRO card, but found on here that cineform doesn't play well with it.

Here's my question...

How do I keep my dual LCD setup, while adding LIVE scrubbing and playback on my third SD color correcting monitor? (obviously, I'll need to downconvert my cineform HD timeline LIVE down to SD for the monitor to show it)

Quadro FX 1500?
Quadro FX 1700?
Something I haven't heard about or thought of?
Two video cards?
A video card and an I/O card?

I'm at the end of my rope! I just want my dual monitor setup AND live scrubbing/playing video from premiere cineform to my SD broadcast monitor.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Trustee

Quite simply you can probably use what you have. You have to make sure that the "extra monitor" via Svideo is taken off of the primary card as the overlay that Cineform uses only works on the same card. (not a Cineform issue, just a rule of hardware overlay)

I have a similar setup.

2 LCDs for workspace and a 30" CRT HD from Walmart on clearance that I preview to from the timeline for more accurate colors.

Setup as follows:

Geforce 7950 hooked to primary LCD and to 30" television. (these make up my desktop workspace and preview screen)

Geforce 7600 hooked to second LCD. (this is sitting next to my main workspace and behaves just like any dual monitor setup)

The full screen hardware overlay feature of NVIDIA will only work on the same card.

My guess is you are very close. Try hooking them up like mine and see if it works before spending tons of cash where you might not need it.

YOu may have to move monitors around in windows display settings to get them where you want them according to your physical layout. Mine are listed like this:

2-1-3 with 2 being the preview, and 1 and 3 being my desktop work space. By default they would have been in the wrong working order but you can shift them in software to plac ethem where ever you need them.

Good Luck.
Marty
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase