Short film using FX1, AspectHD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 15th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Major Player

Short film using FX1, AspectHD

I posted a thread in the HDR-FX1 forum concerning a short film I've been working on for the last several years in my spare time.

The footage was shot Cineframe24 on the FX1, and Cineform was used as the intermediate codec for editing and post production. The post workflow for this production was all done using AspectHD, Premiere Pro CS3, and After Effects CS3. HDlink was used to remove the 3:2 pull-down from the Cineframe24 footage, and all editing, effects and mastering was done painlessly in a 23.976 fps timeline.

At all points during post production the visually lossless nature and fast decoding of the Cineform codec was greatly appreciated, allowing for faster renders, editing and playback. At this point I just take the Cineform codec for granted as my intermediate of choice.

If you're interested in how the film came out, have a wander over to the thread.

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #2
Major Player

Steve, very nice. Thank you for sharing and thanks for the acknowledgement. It was very entertaining, and we're pleased we could play our small role....
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase