Strange Bug on Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Strange Bug on Premiere

We are editing a long project. We divided all the footage in 10secuences per editor, we are four. The idea is to merge everything in one single system, where the final editor will come and have all the footage and projects centralized to polish. Each system has an external drive with the same path and folder structure than the central raid. So in theory if i drag the project from that system into the central one, Premiere open all the media without asking me to relink each clip. You open it, and it relinks everything, but it crashes as soon as it finishes to relink all media. I´ve tried something different, import the sequence as footage into a new project. It opens with all the footage in the bin, but when you drag it to the timeline Premiere shuts down.

I´ve tried this in every single computer i have available, and the same happens in all of them. But it happens only with cineform projects, i opened one old project shot in dv that i did a couple of years ago, it´s a 2hr documentary so its a very long project, and it opened with no problems.

I cant open them in after effects either. This didnt happen with past versions of Prospect 2K.
Maybe is some bug related to the importer.
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Sergio,
Check your audio files. We have had similar problems with one or more audio acting up. When we removed the audio from the timeline, it worked fine. Best way is to backtrack to the last version where problems did not exist. Premiere gives a lot of problems with audio IMO.
Bhaskar Dhungana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The problem is that it opens perfectly on the source editing system. The problem only occurs when you open the project in another computer. Even when the folder structure is exactly the same.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I would still check to see if the problem is with the audio. Just to narrow down your problem. So, I would turn off the audio in the main computer, save it and open in other computers to see if the problems persists. Then narrow down to different reels, depending on how your project is structured.
Bhaskar Dhungana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I´ve tried to import the sequence with no audio references. All audio deleted from the bin.
I cant open a PPro project edited with cineform on another computer.

I did it though a year ago on a film I edited. So there has to be some issue with the importer.
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Will the project load if you don't link the footage (rename the folder that contain the footage.) If the project does load, it is not the importer. If it does load, link some of the media to determine if it is a particular clip. If it is a clip, use CFRepair on it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase