Z1 Footage/Premiere/CineForm at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Z1 Footage/Premiere/CineForm

I posted this in the Z1 area but it should have been posted here. My bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently shot some b-roll footage on a golf course with the Z1. Don't quite know the final distribution as of yet. It's for a presentation and all depends on what type of projectors they bring (large). Anyway, for this purpose, let's assume DVD is the end result.

Question 1. - I captured all the footage in PP CS3 with it's standard DV settings but a friend told me he has CineForm Prospect HD and that I should re-capture all the footage in PP using the CineForm HDV Capture. I'm assuming this uses the CineForm codec. Quality difference since the footage is 1440x1080?

Question 2.- What profile would I use assuming DVD end result. I have read that using the 1920x1080 60i project setting, edit footage, then export with settings: CineForm HD Export (720x480) produces the best result.

Any other suggestions/tips is appreciated. New to the Z1 but like it.

Thanks all!
Bill Schoaf is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase