Aspect HD 5.0 activation issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Aspect HD 5.0 activation issue

Not having much luck with Cineform tech support so I thought I would try here.

When I try to export a file from Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 using a Cineform codec, I get a message telling me the trial period is up and the software must be activated. I am not sure how to troubleshoot the problem.

Part of the problem is that the computer running Aspect was configured in July 2007, and at that time I attempted to migrate Aspect 4.0 from another machine, but without success.

I limped along without it until the CS3 update was announced last Spring. When I bought the Creative Suite, Adobe shipped the Production Studio version 2, which I was to install until the new one was shipped. This I did, and then decided to try again with Aspect 4.0. By this time Cineform had moved up to version 5.0, so I bought that upgrade too, and followed their advice on the installation. It was recognized in PPro 2, but I don't think I tried exporting anything with a Cineform codec. When CS3 was delivered, I installed it but kept version 2 on the system as well, just in case. I do not recall doing any special reinstallation of the Aspect software, since CS3 had already found it and incorporated it.

However, the end result of all that is apparently a bastard product. That is, I can use the Cineform software for everything but final export. When I try to export from a CS3 timeline, I get the message I noted above. I need the Cineform advantage now since this project is being done entirely in HDV.

When I checked the forum here a while ago I noted that someone had asked about having one installation of Aspect on a machine with two versions of the Adobe product. The reply was that they would discuss it off the forum. I think I may be in the same boat.

About a week after my first ticket Cineform tech support gave a quick one-size-fits-all solution, that did not work, and they have not been responding to my followup inquiries since. I have a deadline coming this weekend, and need help with this fast now that so much time has been lost trying to get their attention.

If anyone else in the forum has been down this road, could you clue me in on what to do about it? If someone from Cineform management wishes to PM me you have my email address under my name in my account records. I would appreciate it if someone could give this the attention it requires. I need help meeting my deadline.
Stephen Knapp is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase