CineForm Releases Mac Neo HD and Neo 4K BETA - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 12th, 2008, 08:37 AM   #16
Major Player

Brian, can you please upload one short file for us? Don't change the extension. Just give it to us as it is out of th camera. We'll take a look at it and suggest the best workflow. Please send it to my attention at dtaylor at cineform dot com using the file transfer service at YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement. Any short length of a few seconds is fine.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #17
Major Player

Thanks. I've sent it and am happy to answer any questions.

Brian
Brian Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
Unfortunately Color supports no QT codecs. All codecs it supports are compiled into the code, including ProRes. It's a legacy problem dating to before Apple purchased Final Touch from Silicon Color. Apple acknowledges the problem but hasn't said when they'll have a fix. However, for those who want to use Color, ReMaster will optionally transcode to ProRes (not just CineForm files) so you can use your footage in Color through ProRes. Our transcode into ProRes is a couple weeks away.
Crossing my fingers that the big FCS 3.0 rewrite fixes this :D

Glad to hear there's a transcoder, that really makes life easier! Can't wait to see it :)

Quote:
You can use either QT capture or FCP capture. Either will convert M2T files into MOV-wrapped M2T files during ingest. ReMaster then converts the material (with telecine removal if desired) into CineForm files (or soon ProRes files). We *might* consolidate this into one step, but we're still looking at this.
Might be worthwhile to have a checkbox option instead of doing it separately or compiling it all together. The JES Deinterlacer app takes that approach:

Home Page of JES

Except it's a bit of a nightmare to really put it all together lol:

Eugenia’s Rants and Thoughts Blog Archive Canon HV20 24p Pulldown
David Twelves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #19
Major Player

I notice that there is now a technote up for dealing with quicktime ingested files in remaster. Is there a recommended way of dealing with native m2ts files yet?
Old November 19th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #20
Major Player

Brian, not yet. Currently m2ts is not yet supported by Apple through QT. When formats *are* supported by Apple through QT it is very simple for us to support the format in ReMaster. When a format is *not* supported by QT then we have to find a workaround or do a custom implementation. We don't have a workaround for M2TS yet on Mac, but we'll be looking at it some more over the coming weeks.

The best short-term workaround is... If you have a Windows machine laying around we can convert M2TS to CineForm MOV files on Windows, then you can move the files over to Mac.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #21
Major Player

Thanks for letting me know.

I guess I should give Jason another poke on my support ticket then and try to resolve why my windows HDlink isnt converting the files on this computer. I did send you one of the files from my camera as you suggested earlier in this thread. Would it be possible for you to test that file at your end using HDlink on windows?
Old November 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Parker View Post
Thanks for letting me know.

I guess I should give Jason another poke on my support ticket then and try to resolve why my windows HDlink isnt converting the files on this computer. I did send you one of the files from my camera as you suggested earlier in this thread. Would it be possible for you to test that file at your end using HDlink on windows?
Brian, I think we're diving down into individual support issues here. I send you an email separately - we're probably best taking this offline.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase