New CineForm Releases (v3.4.5) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

New CineForm Releases (v3.4.5)

Every PC product has been updated (Mac updates also in the works.) These updates are worth while for everyone, but particularly for those with quad core system or better. All the decoders now have improved threading for 4-8 cores with now support up to 32 cores (see Blog entry CineForm Insider: Even More Decode Speed.) The benefits are noticable even on dual core systems. Many other updates are included.

See the update logs for:
Prospect HD/4K - Prospect HD Update Log
NEO HDV/HD/4K - Neo HD Update Log
Aspect HD - Aspect HD Update Log

Last edited by David Newman; November 11th, 2008 at 10:02 AM.
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Trustee

Thanks.

(Any chance that YC scopes support for 100+ luma levels has been fixed in AspectHD? No mention of that in the update log....)
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #3
Major Player

Will the faster Mac decoder get us closer to running 720p60 full-screen/full speed on a secondary monitor in FCP?
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling View Post
Thanks.

(Any chance that YC scopes support for 100+ luma levels has been fixed in AspectHD? No mention of that in the update log....)
Fixed in Prospect, but I haven't check Aspect.
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Leadbetter View Post
Will the faster Mac decoder get us closer to running 720p60 full-screen/full speed on a secondary monitor in FCP?
Closer, maybe its there, I don't do the Mac testing. I did see 1080i60 running full screen, full speed, on a 4-core system, so 720p60 is similar. Of course of a PC when due that for ages on a dual core. The sad thing is most of the Mac slowness is QuickTime, when we using our Decoder SDK we go twice as fast.
Old November 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM   #6
Major Player

I just updated my NEO HDV and tried to convert an avi file to a mov file, the software crashes as soon as press start. I tried unchecking split scenes etc, but that didn't help, any suggestions
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Contact support, we have not heard this one.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #8
Major Player

On a related note, is there any chance the update system you have can be improved? The current system of digging out the serial number then waiting for an update email that sometimes never arrives is a bit of a pain in the ass. Couldn't it just be added to the support system that requires a login already?

I'm eager to see if the latest Prospect update fixes the audio/timeline issues I have in Premiere, and I'm sitting here with Outlook and Gmail (for the spam folder) open waiting for the email with the link to turn up!
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Leadbetter View Post
On a related note, is there any chance the update system you have can be improved? The current system of digging out the serial number then waiting for an update email that sometimes never arrives is a bit of a pain in the ass. Couldn't it just be added to the support system that requires a login already?

I'm eager to see if the latest Prospect update fixes the audio/timeline issues I have in Premiere, and I'm sitting here with Outlook and Gmail (for the spam folder) open waiting for the email with the link to turn up!
Richard, two things: 1) the email system went down late yesterday and was reset when we got into the office this AM. Sorry about that.

2) I'll probably remove the update link separately from the download link so there's only one. But here's a hint. You can put anything in the S/N field, like "asdf". It's actually not checked. That'll at least eliminate having to look up the S/N.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase