Aspect HD 5.4.2 - All media files now offline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #1
New Boot

Aspect HD 5.4.2 - All media files now offline

I was told by CineForm tech support to upgrade to 5.4.2 which I did from 5.2.....however all my files are now offline.

I'm waiting for tech support to respond this morning but wanted to post this here also, because I'm losing money by the minute.

Thank you in advance,
-Dustin
Dustin Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #2
New Boot

I'm using PPro 2.0
Dustin Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM   #3
New Boot

Just wanted to update everyone on the solution to this problem. Below is CineForms response which solved the issue:

These steps can be used to manually clean all CineForm Components from your system. This should only be done if you are having problems which have not been resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling your CineForm products.

Uninstall all CineForm Software that you have installed.

For Aspect and Prospect users, uninstall ALL versions of Adobe Premiere. For Premiere Pro, select a standard uninstall, which will leave your Premiere Pro activation information intact.

Remove 'CineForm HD VFW Codec' from Add/Remove Programs (if it is listed there).

Check C:\Program Files to see if there is a 'CineForm' directory present. If there is, delete it.

For Aspect and Prospect users, check C:\Program Files\Adobe to see if a Premiere directory is present. If you have had multiple versions installed, you may see a 'Premiere 6.5', 'Premiere 7.0', 'Premiere Pro 1.5' and/or 'Premiere Pro 2.0' and/ore 'Premiere Pro CS3' directories. Be sure you do not have any important project files inside these directories, and then delete them.

Check C:\Program Files\Common Files to see if a 'CineForm' or 'Moonlight' directory is present. If either of them are there, delete them.

Check C:\Windows\System32 to see if two files are present, "CFHD.dll", "CHFD.inf". If either of them are there, delete them.

Click on the 'Start' button

Select 'Run'

Type 'regedit' and click 'Ok'

Open 'Hkey_Local_Machine'

Under 'Heky_Local_Machine' open 'Software'

If a 'CineForm' folder is present, delete it.

Open 'Hkey_Current_User'

Under 'Hkey_Current_User' open 'Software'

If you see a 'CineForm' folder, delete it.

For Aspect and Prospect users, re-install Adobe Premiere Pro.

For Premiere Pro 1.5 users, install the 1.5.1 update which is available from the adobe website.

Download the latest version of your CineForm Product from the CineForm website.

Install your CineForm Product.

Once you have done all that, go to the cineform folder in the windows start menu and run the 'register components'.
Dustin Daniels is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase