ReMaster at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 15th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Tourist

ReMaster

Has anyone out there used the new ability with ReMaster to create Apple Pro Res files to bring into Color?

I am currently using Cineform files and just doing color correction with the 3-way corrector in FCP. I want to be able to take these files into Color, and it seems using ReMaster to create Pro Res files will do this. I am concerned though, that the extra transcoding step will degrade the color information and negate the usefulness of Color.

Has anyone out there used this process? How did it work for you?
Liz Gaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #2
Major Player

Liz, the version of ProRes conversion we're currently shipping in ReMaster is preliminary, and in fact only provides 8 bits into ProRes because it goes through Apple's QT plumbing (which is only 8 bits). The version we'll be releasing in the next few days bypasses QT when going to ProRes files, and in fact goes directly to 10-bit ProRes HQ. (We won't offer an option of 8-bit ProRes).

The quality of this conversion should be high, and our internal tests so-far confirm this. I don't think you'll have too many quality issues with the ProRes HQ conversion, but of course we need to get it in the market to have additional eyes beating up on it.

Last edited by David Taylor; December 15th, 2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Correction....
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase