Munted Quicktime File Ex SI2K - help appreciated. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 20th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Munted Quicktime File Ex SI2K - help appreciated.

ADDED PREFACE:

In fairness to Silicon Imaging and P+S Technik, I think I switched off the camera while it was still rolling after going forward to tail slate all the cameras and getting into bother with the audience mass exodus. On return I was distracted by others and I think thought I had already stopped the roll. Prospect 4K has a fix for broken .avi files. There may be one for .mov files which is what this request about finding out.

Here's a weird one for anyone with the knowledge.

At the Sonic Sessions gig last night The second of two long files originated in Quicktime has gone errant in its ways.

It neither plays back on the camera nor in Quicktime on another computer and is reported as a generic import error in Premiere operating with Prospect 4K.

The camera was running, timecode was rolling, the pictures were moving and all seemed well with the world.

The error report by Quicktime is ERROR -2048 cannot open file because it is not a file that Quicktime understands.

If it was a cineform .avi file, then I could run the repair utility.

With the quicktime file, it is an orphan. There is a 51.4G file there waiting to get out. It is occupying disk space so I know its there, I can practically smell it.

So, does anyone know any neat trick to recover this file?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Bob Hart; December 20th, 2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: added correction preface.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 06:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi

Silicon Imaging

It runs on PC only
Also it is the only way to change QT fps after recording.

-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase