No Preview For Existing CS3 Projects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 26th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Major Player

No Preview For Existing CS3 Projects

After running the "Fix After Effects" utility for Prospect 3.48B, I have lost my preview in Premiere (CS3).

I can create a new, non-Cineform project, import the existing Cineform (HDV Prospect 1440 x 1080 60i) projects, and preview is perfect.... but how do I restore preview for the existing Cineform projects?

I've done a reinstall of Prospect, but no change.

It seems like I ran into this with Aspect and CS2, but I can remember how it was resolved.

UPDATE: Did an uninstall of Prospect, then reinstalled... and functionality has returned, although now a red X is present on the preview screen where I have a timecode display effect present.... no red X with previous installation, but performance is not affected.

Last edited by Marty Baggen; February 27th, 2009 at 12:50 AM.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Sponsor: CineForm

Its normal to have to render with the Timecode effect applied to a clip. I'm surprised to hear you say that it used to work. All clips with non-cineform effects will play with the red x in the upper left corner. However, you can use ctrl+spacebar to play back your timeline without the red x.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Jake.... I should have been more specific.

I got playback with the effect applied... but the effect was not present in the preview, nor was the red X, but your suggestion sounds like I can eliminate it if I want to. It's not that the X is an issue, I was just curious about the behaviors I was seeing.

UPDATE:
When I press Ctrl/Spacebar, the timecode effect IS present on preview. Wow.... that's impressive.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase