Neo Scene 1.1.2 release for Windows - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:12 AM   #31
New Boot

I definitely have fewer issues with this version. I did originally have CS3, but that is uninstalled and I deleted all the CS3 directories. I also have Nero 8, so not sure if that has any effect. I am not getting crashing in AE CS4, but Adobe Media Converter CS4 will crash quite often when I try and convert a Cineform avi file.
Rob Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:17 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Ryan, VLC doesn't work with any third party codec, only open source codecs work.
That's frustrating, it's my default player for everything... Oh well!

I wondered why I couldn't get it to play the intermediate .AVIs
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #33
Major Player

Solved!

I don't believe I'm breaking any confidences here (no one said not to mention it)... I sent some original 5D mk II MOVs, properly converted CF AVIs, and improperly converted CF AVIs to Cineform and just got news that Cineform believes they have found the problem which causes an incompatibility between Neo Scene and Nero.

Apparently, Nero was causing NEO Scene to use the wrong audio demuxer.

The fix will be in an upcoming new release.

Good news!

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #34
New Boot

Hello,

As David mentionned in an another thread, I opened a ticket with Adobe support about the Premiere Pro CS4 crash I have with AVI files generated from Canon 5D Mk II footage with Neo Scene (v 1.1.2). I'm still unable to use any AVI generated by Neo Scene in Premiere Pro CS4... Unfortunately, I'll have to wait the plug-in Cineform is going to release for PP CS4 since the Adobe answer to my problem was quite clear on what they can (or cannot) do:

"...Thank you for contacting Adobe® Web Support for assistance with Adobe
Premiere® Pro CS4.

I understand that when you import Cineform® files in Premiere Pro CS4
you get the messages “ImporterProcessServer.exe has topped working.....”
and “File Video dimensions (width/height) too large”.

The Cineform codec is not natively supported by Premiere Pro CS4.
According to Cineform’s website they are currently working on an
updated plug-in that will allow playback of these files in Premiere Pro.
For more information, please contact Cineform, or view the following
page on their website:

Prospect HD/4K for Adobe Premiere Pro

I hope this information helps to resolve your issue. If you require
further assistance with this issue, please update your web case with
complete details, including what steps you have applied and any error
messages you are receiving..."

Regards,

Guillaume
Guillaume Roques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #35
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Adobe is basically saying that they no longer support any VfW codec (which are not native by design -- the whole point of VfW is to add new codecs), and any crashes from their software are not their responsibility if you do something using Desktop mode (VfW interface they provide.) Also CS3 natively did support CineForm, they paid a license for that to help early HDV customers, so to not support CineForm by VfW is just bad/lazy. Also the same VfW codec works fine in everything else including After Effects. Then to suggest a Neo Scene user wait for Prospect HD, not their product, so just to be passing the buck.

Adobe we support CS4 now, yet some of your customers are crashing doing things your software should support, the best support thing to do would be to investigate. Remember most are running fine, so something is unstable on your end (our base VfW codec hasn't changed in years.) We are getting no error reports from our components, you may have a problem.
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #36
New Boot

David, may I reuse your answer in my ticket w/ Adobe? It will probably help if I provide more detail....
Thanks for you help.

Guillaume
Old March 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #37
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The second paragraph is not to inflamatory. :) Add "Neo Scene only needs to use the Video for Windows which CS4 is designed to support, the upcoming CS4 components in Prospect HD are not needed for Neo Scene, and is an unrelated development."
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #38
New Boot

:) BTW, are we far away from Prospect HD v4? I'm very impatient..... to solve my issues and start to work ;)
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #39
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume Roques View Post
:) BTW, are we far away from Prospect HD v4? I'm very impatient..... to solve my issues and start to work ;)
If you issues are with Adobe we have no idea if the CS4 importer will solve that. We hope to have a beta out in days not weeks.
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #40
Regular Crew

hey david,

Im also jst trying Neo SCene...

ive converted a mov. file that was around 97mb in size. "High" was selected for export quality and 30p was maintained.

The conversion works... but for some reason its really slow. In task manager my CPU usage is only hovering around 2%-3% usage with HDlink. HDlink isnt taking advantage of all 4 CPU's

HDlink will run at full power at 91-40 ish then slowly die down to 02-01 in task manger. Its like it runs outa steam or something during conversion.

www.ozan.ca/mk2/slow.jpg

Previous cineform products liek Neo HD , Aspect and Prospect worked without any performance issues.

ive also jst noticed that the audio is completely distorted on all the clips. Video looks great though.

Im running...

2.6 Intel quad core
4gigs of ram
raid0 media drive
10rpm system drive

My system is a dedicated editing system so its disease free from the internet. Never had performance issues before.
________
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #41
Regular Crew

ok wow,

i was reading about this nero problem... And i didnt think my old verison wouldnt effect my performance issues. I completely forgot i had it.

Sooo... i ive uninstalled Nero 6 and now everything is working at fulllll STEAM! CPU power is at 98-94 in task manger for HD link. It finally nice to see those high numbers again :)

Now i have a completely different question...

David is it easy for you guys to include presets for Neoscene and Cs3 and the mark 2 for 1920x1080p?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase