weird error messages are back after CIneform install at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Trustee

weird error messages are back after CIneform install

Ok. I am trying to be constructive here, but I keep having these same issues with Cineform. It is simple. CS3 works great and I can edit and import HDV until my heart is content. I install latest build of Prospect HD and I can no longer import any mpg files. Her is that famous message:

"premiere pro has encountered an error. [..\..\Src\time.cpp-105]"

I used to get this error with Aspect HD installed and CS3 but renamimg the CF Quicktime installer would always fix this....well not now. No amount of renaming this file helps at all.

I relaize that it has been stated numerous times that this is not a Cineform issue, but still every google search and forum I find references to this on seems to always come down to Cineform being on that machine and some type of workaround regarding to a Cineform file.

I have tried using the Shift key when starting Premiere, and that works temporarily but it causes Premiere to not allow me to export to any mpg using media encoder. It tells me that the components for mpg are not properly installed. PLease reinstall the program.

If I close Premiere and restart it without the shift, the mpg encoding works, and if I am lucky, I can import mpg or m2v files again....for a little while and then it stops working. Sometime projects that have hdv clips already imported in them, report that the media is offline. Restarting and holding the shift key fixes this....again just for a bit until I need to export or until I start Premeire again.

Every other reference to this issue on the web seems to result in uninstalling Cineform to fix it, or uninstalling quicktime. Neither is an option for me.

Can we open up a discussion on why this keeps happening? This is a brand new build of Vista 64 and it is running sweet until I install Cineform.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Trustee

Sorry. I need to clarify here. I completely uninstalled quicktime from the computer and it is still getting these error messages. Only uninstalling Prospect fixes the errors.

Thanks.
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This is an old Adobe bug (that is their error report), it is confusing QT and MPG somehow. Removing the QT component solves it, as Adobe stops being stupid by not have to make the wrong choice -- I'm just guessing you have another place the MOV importer is installed. Remember very little else about it, haven't seen that in a year or so -- of couse MPG imports work here.
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
This is an old Adobe bug (that is their error report), it is confusing QT and MPG somehow. Removing the QT component solves it, as Adobe stops being stupid by not have to make the wrong choice -- I'm just guessing you have another place the MOV importer is installed. Remember very little else about it, haven't seen that in a year or so -- of couse MPG imports work here.
what do you mean "another place where the MOV importer is installed? Where else would I look? I completely uninstalled quicktime from the machine and I also removed any references to it in the Cineform plugins folder in premiere. I searched my entire hard drive using the search function and there is no other instance of CFQTImporter.prm anywhere. I have no version of quicktime installed either.

To be clear, I uninstall Cineform-working imports, I re-install it-errors importing .m2v file. renaming or removing that CFQT_importer does nothing. As I stated earlier, the shift trick works for a while but it always gets gunked up again. SHould I try an older version of Prospect? Aslo, I saw a file in the Mediacore folder named im-CFHD_File_Import.prm ...... is that anything I Should be worried about?

Thanks.
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No idea, I'm not in support. They might have an idea.
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Trustee

Thanks David. I submitted a trouble ticket and will await response. I did a lot of testing this evening and I can verify that if I remove every single file from the Cineform Plugin folder all mpg files import fine in CS3. THen I tried systematically moving the files back and testing to see which ones cause the issue. I was able to move all of the filters and transitions in with ease, and then most of the other files too. But when I copy the files that start with CFRT---then something get's gunked up and it stops working.

Keep in mind that I am not trying to load a cineform preset, simply default Premiere HDV preset, yet something about the CIneform folder prevents the HDV files from importing.

I tried to open an old project done in HDV that had 50-60 HDV clips already loaded and it just loads up that all of the media is offline. Then I remove Cineform and reload that same project and all the clips are there. Then if I reinstall Cineform, it will sometime import 3-4 clips okay, then spit out the error message once again. Holding down shift sometimes works, sometime doesn't and sometimes stop Premiere from loading mpg presets for AME.

JUst thought I'd let you know. I realize the error message is a PRemiere thing, but I cannot stress enough how everthing I try points to Cineform causing a conflict. This machine was a fresh new install of Vista 64 bit, with a clean install of Adobe CS3 Suite so OS corruption is highly unlikely. Also, I have a second partition that has my previous XP32bit installation and it is running the same exact software without issue, although I did have these issues previously, but fixed them by removing the QTImporter file. This trick won't work in my current64bit installation.

Thanks for everything.
Old April 21st, 2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Trustee

Well it's been almost a month and no resolution yet. I can work around it occassionally by using the shift trick but it is getting to be a pain. Tonight I captured 40 minutes using HDlink to be safe and none of the footage would import into CS3....again. I had to remove Prospect HD to get it to work. Again, I understand that Cineform thinks this is not their issue, but why does removing Cineform fix this? I can't quite figure this out. It has been going on for years now....but tonight was particularly frustrating. I should be working...not uninstalling and reinstalling Cineform or deleting plugins just to import HDV files. It is not supposed to be this complicated. Cineform should be making my life easier...not harder. When I am done rendering the my current project I will install the latest Beta and see if it is any better. I am not holding my breath.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Major Player

Hi Marty,
I have been getting the same error only when I go to import into Encor CS3. It has been very frustrating for me too. I just had a new system built XP and could not get the CF.avi files to import into Encore. By chance do you have your operating system raid 0 also?

I just got back from having a new Vista OS installed and had the raid 0 removed from the operating system and I am jsut using a single C drive. I am re capturing some video just to make sure something is not going wrong with my capture. I will report on my finding once I get to finish my test.

And thae same thing happens to me aslo if I uninstall CF it imports I am even having trouble importing motion menus, Encore wants to crash on me.
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Do these errors happen with the v4 beta? The older 3.4.9 as been extremely stable, one reason we held off with more incremental changes while working on version 4. So it is all likely an install issue.

Info for Bruce:

Some times you don't get any CineForm importer in Encore CS3.

Encore should look the importer (im-CFHD_File_Import.prm)
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore\
and/or
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS3\Plug-ins\en_US

Program Files (x86) for 64bit OS systems

Marty, that fact that is works of a time then stops, points to something local changing on your PC, as we aren't change anything on your PC, we don;t store any states, every is saves in the Premiere project. Are you still discussing MPG imports? Premiere is get isn't plugin list muddled on your PC, I can't fix that. Is there any other third party tools you are using? I a little confused by the report and as not have access to your support history (nor do I want it, that is for support) so I get hold of Jake next week. We will be back in the office, most tomorrow, all by Monday.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM   #10
Major Player

Hi Dave it is V3.4.9 It would start to import then crash half way thru the import. Or if it imported when I went to render it crashed in Encore CS3.

Since I just installed Vista it seems to be working fine I am only running 32bit for now until I test the stability of my set up do you think it could have had something to do with raid 0 on the OS.

. But now I am having a problem with color correction or levels when I drop it on my clip PP closes.. I have captured in CF thru PP using a CF profile to match my HDV footage.
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:46 PM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Check all of the above info (in my last post), then report to support.
Old April 24th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #12
Trustee

David,
I went back and re-read my post and sorry if it sounded a bit "edgy". That was not my intention. I had given up on the problem and was working around it, primarily because I had already imported all the mpg files with most cineform plug-in files removed. I copied all of the files back and began working a project and as soon as I needed to import .m2t files into CS3, the error came back. I specifically captured these m2t files using HDLink to avoid any compatibilities.

In the past I have used Vegas to capture .m2t files because Adobe doesn't split HDV files based on camera start and stop.

FWIW I did a clean install of VISTA 64 ULtimate. Installed all motherboard drivers and video and soundcard drivers, installed CS3 Production suite, tested and worked. I made an image of my Computer, then installed CS4 production.....made an image of my computer. I tested some simple HDV project which required importing .m2t files....worked fine. Installed Cineform and immediately .m2t files stop importing. The shift key method helps sometimes but it's so unreliable. Remove Cineform....problem goes away. In fact, if I just leave the filters and transitions in the folder it works....but one of the importers/converters seems to be conflicting with something.

I have installed the beta and will be doing some testing with it so I will update when I have some news. This used to be an issue with Aspect but renaming the CF_mov importer always fixed it with aspect.....it doesn't do the same for Peospect....at least now so far in 64 bit land.

oh....and my fustration is more at windows PCs and the unbelievable number of conflicts that could cause this. I really think about switching to the MAC because it would appear you really do spend more time get work done, not working on your computer.

Thanks.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase