NEO Scene update download- HOW? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 10th, 2009, 03:24 AM   #1
Major Player

NEO Scene update download- HOW?

Nevermind...
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cline View Post
Nevermind...
Well that was cryptic.!
Old April 10th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Major Player

I had posted a message about how it should be made clear that when you fill out the form on the download page that you will be sent an e-mail with the download link. It doesn't say this anywhere on the download page and, unless you've done it before and know the drill, it can be a bit confusing. I spent a bit of time waiting at the web site last night for a download to start or a download link to appear. In the past, I have obtained my updates by clicking on a link provided by David Newman here in this forum. Last night was the first time I had tried to obtain an update from the Cineform web site.

Cineform writes GREAT software, but the web site needs some tweaking. There's some other little stuff, too. On the left of the downloads page, NEO Scene is not listed under products. It is listed under "Technology," but when you hover over that link that says "NEO Scene", it changes to "Overview" and will launch the "Overview" page. If you hover over "Learn More", it chages to "NEO Scene" but still links to the "Learn More" page.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Major Player

A couple things:

1. Thanks for pointing out that the Downloads page never actually said you'd receive the link via download. I updated the page to make that clear.

2. In about a week we'll have a 100% new website. It'll also look different - more modern. We're enthused about it. Hopefully many of the frustrating things about our old site will recede into past memory. We still have a lot of content and weve taken care in the new site design to make content better available to people without overwhelming them.

I'll do another post next week in a new thread when we get closer to the new site because there are some new capabilities on the site that we want to point out.

David.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks, David! I look forward to the launch of the new site. I'm glad all the content will still be there, it makes for fascinating and informative reading.
John Cline is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase