AspectHD at 1080p? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 15th, 2004, 08:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

AspectHD at 1080p?

I have a question about AspectHD. Can I use the Cineform codec with 1080/30p footage?

Basically I am thinking about using an anamorphic adapter on an HD10U to get a squeezed 1:2.35 image and then unsqueezing it to a letterboxed 1080 file to edit in Premiere Pro.

Will I still get the realtime benefits of AspectHD if I do this?
Old March 15th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The current version of Aspect HD is limited to the 1280x720p30 mode of the JVC HDV cameras -- this is soon to change. A new version Aspect HD (free to registered owners) will add support for frame rates 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 (i.e. everything) and add all the HDV resolutions (current and future.) For the HDV spec an anamorphic 1440x1080 will be available. CineForm products will still be the fastest HD editing solution even at 1080p, although the minimum system spec may jump a bit :).

P.S. The CineForm HD codec is already 1080p capable, however Aspect HD will not accelerate that resolution until the next release (soon.)
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Will the new version of Aspect HD provide any performance advantages to 1920x1080p footage?
Old March 16th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

First, 1920x1080 is not a supported HDV resolution, so it is not intended to be supported within the new release of Aspect HD. 1440x1080 anamorphic will be supported (which is closers to your needs for your current shooting plans.) CineForm will have 1920x1080 products (and beyond) but they are likely to be new products not in the Aspect HD line. However, all HD resolutions are accelerated by the CineForm techniques. All this will become much clearer after our announcements and presentations at NAB.
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Dual CPU question

David, thank you for the contributions you make to the forums, they afre well read and valuable particularly for newbies like myself.

It sems that I have getting myself more and more confused as to the most appropriate work flow for my needs, which are quite modest.

I am now convinced to give Aspect HD a test and I am sure that it will satisfy my humble needs.

Can you please advise me if yoru technology is dual proc aware and if you see any benefit in going dual proc.

I am looking at a new platform and am leaning towards dual to get the rendering throughput. Can expect any real improvement over a single?

Regards, Tony
Tony Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:25 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, Aspect HD is dual processer aware. You will see increased multiple stream performance, allowing you more video channels, real-time filters and titles simultaneously.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase