Neo Scene renaming at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 30th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Neo Scene renaming

Does anyone know if there is a way for Neo Scene to convert footage without adding the triple digit number at the end of the name of the newly converted clip?

Where it says "Base Capture Name" in preferences I tried blanking it out, and it worked once, but only once. For subsequent sessions it has reverted to adding the digits even though I check preferences and re-blanked it out.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way for Neo Scene to convert footage without adding the triple digit number at the end of the name of the newly converted clip?

Where it says "Base Capture Name" in preferences I tried blanking it out, and it worked once, but only once. For subsequent sessions it has reverted to adding the digits even though I check preferences and re-blanked it out.
I had the same problem and figured out that if you untick the box that says "Split Scenes (HDV conversion only)" it will stop padding the files names.
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Keith, I appreciate it!
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Oooops, it is still doing it. I had that box unchecked already, as I thought, but made sure, and darn that is aggravating.
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Oooops, it is still doing it. I had that box unchecked already, as I thought, but made sure, and darn that is aggravating.
really? that's very strange. I just tried a few things with a short test clip and I can reliably turn on/off the numeric padding simply by ticking/unticking that box. are you outputting the files to a different destination folder? Mine is currently set up to put them in the same folder as the input files.
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Destinatin folder is the same...I've tried it literally about a dozen times, probably many more since last night and the result is the same. I always go to preferences first to make sure...I've tried using same folder for destination and different one.
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Regular Crew

that sounds like something is glitching. I believe it is designed to work the way I've described it. Maybe try uninstall/reinstalling it?? It might be a good idea to deactivate it before you uninstall it.

by the way, there's another similar tickbox option in the prefs but I think it's only related to capturing/converting hdv streams.
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I think it is a glitch too, thanks.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase