The links should be updated by tonight around 6pm pacific time. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

The links should be updated by tonight around 6pm pacific time.

I received this reply from support this evening about Prospect HD 4.

So look for the updated 4 tonight and let's see where we are at.

They said earlier in the week they would have another download by Friday, they always keep their commitment at Cineform
Dan Herrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Awesome!

I hope it works.

Thanks for the info.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It is up and now shipping...First production release of version 4.

It is on the Cineform Site Now...
Thanks Cineform.
Old May 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Major Player

The First Light player is broken, when opening a project created under build 209. And a DOS window pops up whenever I load a clip in First Light. And I'm not sure about the status of my activation.

Loading Snapshots still doesn't appear to work. I select the clip, click "Load Snapshot", select the snapshot, and click Load, and my values are all reset.

It could be that Save Snapshot doesn't work, and is simply saving default values. How do I delete saved snapshots?

This does not bode well.

*sigh*

Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #5

FirstLight seems to be working fine for me for the production release...except that the LookInstaller.exe is missing.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Build 210 is available

on Cineform site the new build is available
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
FirstLight seems to be working fine for me for the production release...except that the LookInstaller.exe is missing.
PHD 4 doesn't have a LookInstaller.exe under \Program Files (x86)\Cineform anywhere, either.

The snapshots thing is really annoying. It should save my color settings, but it doesn't. OR, it's saving them, but then not applying them. I think it's the first, because when I apply any of the snapshots I have saved, they all revert the clip to the default values for the clip (e.g., just as if you clicked Reset on everything). The beta "manual" doesn't really shed any light on the situation, either.

I would also like to be able to delete snapshots, but there doesn't appear to be a way. Thought it was just something left out of the beta.

I do expect to be able to open projects created in build 209, but since I've only a couple, no big deal to try and guess what settings I had (since snapshots aren't working. :( ).

Jury's out on the PHD stuff, still. We'll see how often ImporterProcessServer crashes over the next few days. If I can get through some edit sessions without that issue, on CFHD projects, I'll be happier.

Did this include the RT engine, anybody know?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No RT engine yet, and we will be clearly annoucing that when it done. We are still waiting on Adobe's feedback, for the importer errors, hopeful with PPro CS4.1 coming out soon some of this can be addressed. The release of V4 is primarily for First Light, AVCHD and Canon 5D support, CS4 features will continue to flow over the coming weeks. A huge percentage of our users are not using CS4, so we decided not to wait any longer. Fortunately CineForm provided is a reasonably constant stream of free updates with each major release.

Please submit a trouble ticket on the snapshot feature.
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Build 210 Does Not Install Correctly

I downloaded Build 210 which still does not install correctly. It did install in PPro 3.2 and not in PPro 4.01.

Now what?
Martin Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We completely rewote that part the installer to find old Premiere installs, clearly your system is a little be more odd than we expected. We do expect if you have multiple Premiere versions, they are all in the same :/programfiles(xx)/adobe root. File a support ticket with the exact paths for all the Premiere installs.
Old May 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #11
Major Player

Will the serial numbers be sent to those who qualify automatically, or should we file a trouble-tickets as well?
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #12
Major Player

To get a serial number upgrade, go here: Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive CineForm Product Updates and click on "Upgrade Policy" for the specific product for which you need a free upgraded serial number.

If you are not entitled to a free upgrade you can purchase an upgrade at our online store.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 04:24 AM   #13
Major Player

Will not install correctly CS3

Dave I have the same issue as martin. My system is brand new vista ultimate with eatras turned of/64 quad core 8 gigs of ram. strgae drive raid 0 I have no other software on the PC except quick time and Nero burning software and adobe production premium CS4. I insatll the 210 build but it will not import CF files on cs3. Version 3.4.9 works fine on cs3 With the above configuration. I know you say file a support ticket but other people need to see if people are having the same problem.

I did notice one thing that when I close CS3 after trying to import and reboot I get an error photophopexe not responding right before It shutdowns to reboot.
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 05:03 AM   #14
Major Player

Just an up date even though I can not import CF files into 210 build with CS3 First light loads nicely! the selection are not grayed out or washed out. And I can do 1/2 or quater resoultion with my ATI HD 3400 series video card.
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase