PPro 4.01 and Prospect 4.xx Woes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 16th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PPro 4.01 and Prospect 4.xx Woes

I am merely a retired hobbyist who has a great interest in video editing and has spent WAY more money than I should have or that my wife can even guess!

What I do is merely for fun. No income has ever come my way for my work for friends family and neighbors. Satisfaction in watching their smiles when they enjoy what I have done for them is sufficient compensation for me.

I am not trying to inflame the concerns of the professionals who need Aspect / Prospect for their business. No doubt Cineform is having a terribly difficult time trying to make Prospect work with a lousy version of PPro 4.xx

That said, I bought Aspect and enjoyed using it with my Sony HDr HC1 and HC7 cameras. I now have a Sony HDr xr520v AVCHD camera and for my purposes, love the picture quality. I have an XP Pro 32 bit system with a QX9650 processor which easily edits AVCHD videos using Main Concept (another $500 investment) on PPro CS3. Cineform promised that HD monitoring would happen using a Black Magic Intensity card which I bought, but HD monitoring never happened with Aspect and PPro CS3

Cineform promised that at some point HD monitoring would work with Prospect but it looks like it is way on the back burner and maybe even off the table entirely. I accepted their promise and upgraded from Aspect to Prospect for $199.

Since Main Concept has stated they are working on a new version of their PPro HD plugin for Ppro 4.xx, do any of the pros here think this is a potentially advisable solution. It looks like my $199 for Prospect is money wasted. Before I spend any more, I would appreciate some comments.

Incidentally, Black Magic now has drivers that allow HD monitoring of CS4 using their Internsity card. That is good but the exported video using BM presets can't hold a candle to either Cineform or Main Concept so that is not an option.

Many thanks.

Marty
Martin Rahn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase