Premiere Installer issue with 4.0.1.210 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Kubitschek View Post
Although I haven't posted much here, I am a big fan of Cineform. (Still using PPro CS3)
I track the blogs here daily. I simply want to take a brief moment amid all the people testing the new release of Prospect and say Thanks to David for working so hard and communicating with so many on-line users and to the users who try so hard to test and report results to each other!
Amen to that!
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #17
Major Player

I agree.. Without that type of personal support, I wouldn't have upgraded.

And I will be even HAPPIER when CS4 works with Cineform.

Soon - I know.

;)

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #18
Major Player

Yes thanks Dave!! Even thought we are still half broke! We will get there!
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:53 AM   #19
Major Player

The thing is here Cineform could have released the final version a long time ago if it was money that they wanted quickly. Adobe CS4 doesn't work correctly in my opinion and many people upgraded to having a quite useless system... and its still not fixed though an update is due shortly.

When releasing software that doesn't work correctly (yes you make a quick buck) but the damage you do in the long run for your product regarding workability soon spreads around the world with the Internet. "Nobody remembers the good jobs... only the bad ones"

I do take my hat off to Cineform that they have waited so long before they released their final product. Take into account all of the hidden variables of peoples machines, operating systems and different setups it must be quite a nightmare at the moment.

The more feedback we can give the quicker the fix... but people must spend time trying to help out. Adobe must have millions of users and how long has it taken them to fix their software?

I remember when I first started to use Cineform and didn't know that much about HD editing I found them to very helpful. In fact David even sold me the Aspect HD when he could have gone for the Prospect at the time or the 4K version.
I had great success with Aspect and upgraded to Prospect as I found I had more use for its features.

A company who is honest, gives good support and is friendly even when you may ask the dumbest questions in my book deserves support.

Keep up the good work I say and my customer loyalty will stay even though there are a few teething problems.
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:11 AM   #20
Major Player

Gee thanks guys. I know everybody is frustrated about CS4 taking so long to get in good shape. We're frustrated too as the silly installer work we're doing now isn't creating new innovation and customer value - it's just about fixing things.

A few years ago Adobe made a dramatic philosophy change that impacts this. They went from a mode of "ship when it's ready" (meaning there were always product shipment delays) to "ship on a specific date". The last 2-3 releases of CSx have obeyed this latter philosophy. Unfortunately that means some features are not ready for prime time, and sometimes documentation isn't ready. In the case of CS4 it also meant that developer versions of their SDK were not even ready. We understand Adobe's financial desire "ship on a specific date" but it makes everybody's life very difficult...there's no free lunch.

But we're getting pretty close to stability. Just hang with us and continue to give us good feedback....
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase