First Light: Bugs and feature requests at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Tourist

First Light: Bugs and feature requests

First: Very nice program, indeed! These things are based on v.4.0.5 Build 214.

Bugs:
- Impossible to do color correction with the Kelvin and Tint sliders. When I adjust one, the other jumps to some sort of a default state. If I adjust the Kelvin slider for one frame of a clip, move to another frame of the same clip, both the Kelvin and Tint sliders jump to a new setting. This doesn't show in the video, until I try to slightly drag the Kelvin slider once more. Then the colors in the video jumps to something completely different. Adjusting the RGB-sliders (White Balance) works fine.
- Sometimes forgets which frame I place the clip at. I haven't found out when.
- The scroll wheel doesn't work in the clip list.

Feature requests:
- Keyboard shortcuts. Most of all: J, K and L to play backwards, pause, and play forwards. Secondly: Previous and next clip. Now I almost get cramps in my arm because of all the mouse clicking
- Using the scroll wheel on the mouse to adjust sliders (again because of "cramps" in the arm)
- Option to have clips automatically play when you select them, or when you click the play button, the next clip you select should automatically play
- De-interlaced playback (50/60 fps, and not 25/30 with stripes)
- Grouping clips. Maybe a lot of clips have the same wrong white balance. Why not put them all together in a "folder/bin" to more easy apply the same correction to them all.
- Apply a secondary adjustment to many clips without destroying the primary adjustments. Example 1: apply a negative gain to all clips with superwhite AFTER you have done all other adjustments (because you forgot to do it BEFORE). Example 2: You want to tint all clips slightly after you have neutralized them all independently.
- The pick-button should be able to sample an area of pixels, let's say 10x10 pixels, or by dragging an area. Else it is impossible to sample grey in noisy videos.
- A master on/off for ALL adjustments, to compare before and after.
- What about a split screen to see before and after?
- 3 way color correction with color wheels
Jorgen Bjerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #2
New Boot

i would think, the closer it can get to the color finesse plugins features, the better. that plugin seems to cover the basics for color and dynamic range/limiting, and nothing more...
Gary Greenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen Bjerke View Post
Bugs:
- Impossible to do color correction with the Kelvin and Tint sliders. When I adjust one, the other jumps to some sort of a default state. If I adjust the Kelvin slider for one frame of a clip, move to another frame of the same clip, both the Kelvin and Tint sliders jump to a new setting.
I've noticed the same thing.
It looks like it is set up to do the actual adjustment on the color sliders. When you have made the color adjustments, the tint and Kelvin scales simply report the result of the adjustment. So, it seems like the tint & Kelvin are just for reference rather than being an actual control.
I'm not a tech guy. These observations are my simple trial & error.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase