Kudos.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Kudos....

on 4.0.8 b217. I'm sure I complai--ahem, 'report problems', a lot, so I thought I would also report my joy and satisfaction with 4.0.8 b217. It seems to have corrected all the issues I've been having, and I'm looking forward to returning to my normal workflow. I've an Intel i7, so I don't notice the missing RT engine--and I'm ecstatic to be able to work with my feature-length video clips again! :) Thanks so much for all the hard work your developers and support analysts have been putting in!

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #2
New Boot

Can you supply any additional details of your software and hardware?

It's always good to know what works.
David Botkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Sure:
CS4, 4.1 update applied
Windows 7 Ultimate RC-whatever, auto-updated. I do have Premiere Pro set to automatically turn off the pretty Aero effects upon starting...

Intel i7 920 (quad core) w/Hyperthreading (works great for video work)
Asus P6T mobo
12GB RAM
SATA system disk
SATA scratch
SATA other misc
SATA video project disk
eSATA 4-drive RAID0 for video files

nVidia 9600GT (wish I'd gone ATI, now that nVidia has idiotically dropped hardware overlay--but TMPgenc uses the GPU, so I guess it's OK).

That's about it. Got FireFox on it, but it's pretty much a dedicated workstation--I'm typing this on my laptop right next to it. I was thinking a Blackmagic Intensity, but the MXO2 mini is looking pretty darn attactive...

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase