Neo scene transcode to Quicktime error - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 10th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Moser View Post
Here's the interesting thing....I've been chosen to beta test ClipWrap 2.0 and it does exactly the same thing when trying to transcode clips that are 5 minutes or longer..... If I choose the Rewrap(don't alter video samples) output format it works perfectly giving me H.264 files which you guys know is hard to edit.
Does NeoScene transcode from the re-wrapped H.264 file? When transcoding from a QuickTime wrapped H.264, NeoScene relies on the system default QuickTime H.264 decoder.
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #17
Regular Crew

The file converted as a roughly 4:10 clip. How long was the original? The QT movie is large, but does play, so 'normal' end of movie was detected.

I am using ReMaster 2.3.16.102
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #18
Regular Crew

The file created after converting is close to 4GB. What quality are you using for the encode? How much space do you have on the destination disk, and is it a standard Mac volume?
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I finally figured out the problem.........I was saving the files to an external harddrive via firewire...I finally just copied the MTS files I was having trouble with to my main harddrive in the computer and saved the transcoded mov files on the main as well......I assume with clips longer than 5 minutes the data wasn't being written fast enough to the external drive.........
Reggie Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Speed is not an issue in disk to disk conversion. External drives are by default formatted as FAT32, since all Mac and Windows machines can read and write that format. Files on FAT32 drives are limited to 4GBytes. If you try to write a file beyond 4GB, it fails.

If your external drive is only being used on a Mac, you should reformat it as a Mac OS Extended format for performance reasons.
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Thanks Craig....That can be done thru disk utilities, correct?
Reggie Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Yes, DiskUtilities.
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase