Not "When" for CS4, but "If" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #16
Trustee

Stephen - so far I can't point to much difference between the two, except that Windows 7 installed faster and had a slicker system for loading SATA RAID drivers. It also has a nice internal backup imaging system, replacing Acronis TrueImage that I used on XP64.

Windows 7 boots faster, but I dont have many programs loaded on it yet so it's not a fair comparison. From what I've read I expect it to run a little lighter on the hardware overall than XP - I really like it so far!
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:59 AM   #17
Regular Crew

The implementation of Video for Windows in CS4 is ...errrr....exotic to say the least.
This causes much trouble not only for CF.

As a beta tester, I can say Adobe is doing lot of work to make things better in CS5.
At least on the part I test.

Frank
Frank Brodkorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Brodkorb View Post
The implementation of Video for Windows in CS4 is ...errrr....exotic to say the least.
This causes much trouble not only for CF.

As a beta tester, I can say Adobe is doing lot of work to make things better in CS5.
At least on the part I test.

Frank
CS5 eek I'm only just getting used to CS5 up from Pr 1.5. When they planning to release CS5 then?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post
CS5 eek I'm only just getting used to CS5 up from Pr 1.5. When they planning to release CS5 then?
FWIW, I sat down with 3 senior-level Adobe Premiere honchos (including the lead engineer flown in from India). I brought up an overwhelming desire to incorporate a solid codec (such as Cineform), full compatibility with Win 7 (64bit), GPU accelerated encoding and multi-core support. I haven't used Premiere without Matrox hardware because I need the real-time performance. This shouldn't have to be the case in a rather expensive and highly engineered product. If CS5 is a solid, reliable platform that incorporates some of our proposed requests, I'll stay with it. At least Adobe is willing to listen to some critical feedback and know that bug-fixes aren't enough to make me rush out for their newest product.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase