helps neoscene slowing down at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 16th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #1
New Boot

helps neoscene slowing down

I have tried my first hd project in premiere cs3 and using neoscene

The peformance is not as good as I expected, i think not much better than native edting
the hdv files.

The main problem is slow playback, when I start to play the time line it plays ok for about 2 seconds then goes choppy and plays kinda like a slowmotion, I have set both monitors to draft, same problem no difference.

I am using two clips in multi camera mode to edit a multi camera show
I thought that it would be ok but it is defo choking my computer making it hard to edit and watch. on top of that> I also added a fast colour corrector on each clip and that makes it even worst.

I think I will have to build a new computer to edit hdv which is a shame since this one is not that old.

Do you think I would be better with a hardware solution like the Matrox x2 anyone experience of that card?

my system at current
GIGABYTE 965DQ6 Motherboard
Q6600 at 2.4
8GB DDR-2 1066 RAM
WINDOWS VISTA SP1 X64

the system is on an hitachi 500 sata
and the capture is on an hitachi 1tb sata
the scratch discs are on another 500 sata
and the exports are on another 500 sata
4 drives in total

edting sd up to now fine no problems
please help as i need to edit a hdv project as soon as possilbe
Phil Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM   #2
New Boot

Slow Preview

I myself am having the same problem. I convert my avchd files using Neoscene, then import it into cs3. My preview settings is on draft using the acelerate feature option. Still it plays as slow as possible. Is there any on out there that can help us?

I have an AMD Phenom II Quad at 3.0 ghz
2TB sata drives
1GB hd radeon ATI Grphics card
8gb ddr2 ram.
windows vista 64bit

Still slow performance. I have spent over six month trying to figure this out. Is there any help out there. Am i doing somthing wrong. Ohh and premiere cs3 is only using about 30-50% of my processors.

Last edited by Phillip Shaka; September 1st, 2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Needed to add some more info
Phillip Shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Trustee

Phil you're writing good ad copy for Prospect HD, which is Cineform's optimum product for use with Premiere Pro. In addition to the Cineform Codec, it has a module that replaces Premiere's clunky preview rendering engine.

http://cineform.com/prospecthd/
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #4
New Boot

Neo Scene

Im testing Propect HD, and yes the playback is waaaaayyy better than Neoscene. I only wished someone would have said that earlier. Neoscene, only gets you to the point when you can attempt to edit HD, but not all the way. The playback was so horrible. Now The only problem I am having with propect HD is, my dual monitor display dosnt seem to work with prospecthd. What am I doing wrong?

I wouldnt advice anyone to get neoscene. you might as well just buy prospecthd.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase