Will ConnectHD work with new SonyHDV cam in Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Will ConnectHD work with new SonyHDV cam in Vegas?

I just spent $536 on Cineforms Connect HD for Vegas and am hoping it will work with the new Sony as well.

Will it be possible to have footage from JVC and Sony in Vegas on same timeline and render to 720P or 1080i.

Anybody from Cineform know if this will be possible or can be made possible?
Mark Paschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, CineForm's Connect HD will work with the new Sony camera. There will be an update to the HDLink software to support the new camera as a free download to CineForm customers (this will be made available in time for the camera's release.)

Yes, you will be about to mix 720p and 1080i content. Note: it works best to mix 720p into a 1080i project not vise-versa. Doing it the other way around requires de-interlacing the 1080i stream.

Thank you for becoming a customer.
Old September 9th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

What great news! makes this purchase even more valuable.
At first I was really nervous about a 1/2K blind purchase but after getting an HD wedding edited ( with a preview screen that knocks your socks off by the way) in such a short time with a runtime of 40 minutes was amazing!

The only thing I couldnt (didnt try very hard) was to export to the CUVH1u with a Vegas MPEG2 file rendered in 720P , ConnectHDs export function only lists TS and JVCs software will except the Vegas file without it being TS so I went that route.

Is there a benefit to using Connect HDs export to tape over JVCs? I notice when I use Canopus Imaginate software ( JPEG pics gone wild) that I have to set the CU VH1 to convert to 1080i or I have framerate troubles.

Is there another forum where Cineform users hang out and talk about using your codecs?
Mark Paschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

David,

One of your fellow workers showed people at the HDV Roadshow in Miami last May that Aspect HD can support four types of HD. What were they again? She hit play on a "super" laptop with Aspect HD and four different clips played at once, in little windows. It was cool.

heath
Old September 9th, 2004, 09:42 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Mark,

You can rename the output file from Vegas as TS or M2T or whatever is needed. They are the same file format with a different extension. For longer outputs you will want to use the CineForm exporter over the tool shipped with the camera, it just does it better.

Health,

Aspect HD in the current release supports 480p60, 576p50 (GR-PD1), 720p30, 720p60 (pity there are no source yet) and support of 1080i50 and 1080i60 is currently being enhanced (it was there but it needed upgrade for Sony compatibility.) I'm not sure if this is what was demo'd to you; more likely you where shown real-time playback of 4 720p30 streams (yes on a cool laptop.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase