Congratulations David Newman and Cineform at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 27th, 2004, 02:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Congratulations David Newman and Cineform

Have been out of the loop for awhile. Happy to see Cineform's technology getting broader usage - Adobe plans to incorporate Cineform's wavelet technology into their next release of Premiere Pro! Here's a interview between Adobe guy and Charlie White that was posted in another thread. Great read.

http://www.digitalproducer.com/artic...e.jsp?id=28667

a few questions for David:

If Adobe incorporates the carlsbad compression right into their program, is there any need to use Aspect anymore? I'm assuming we would now be able to use ALL of premiere's editing tools instead of the subset supplied by Aspect. No?

Will Aspect (or Premiere pro using carlsbad) be able to edit PAL (50i)? Doesn't 50i transfer to 25p better than 60i to 24p?

Any idea if the Pro version of the FX1 (Z1) will be worth the wait?

thanks.
Josef Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD will still have significant performance gain over the components Adobe is licensing from CineForm. Adobe license something more like Connect HD (which we use for Vegas 5.) Still many users will find Premiere Pro with the bundled CineForm tools to be a very useful product. We are targeting Aspect HD toward professional users that demand the extra performance, tools and bonus filters Aspect HD provides.

I can't speak about particular product details at this moment.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase