mac cs4 compatibility timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Major Player

mac cs4 compatibility timeline

Last time I posted David said that the neoHD for mac cs4 wouldnt happen within the next month or so. It's been at least that now, and I'm just wondering if the cineform guys are any closer to accomplishing this.

I take total responsibility purchasing neoHD on anticipation of a feature rather than the concrete implementation of one. I knew that neohd wasnt compatible at that time, but seeing that it was under active development I decided to buy in advance.

However, it has now been a year since I've purchased it, and I have even upgraded from cs3 to cs4 because we were told that cs3 wouldnt be supported, and yet I haven't been able to use it even once. I have been editing native avchd files all this time while I wait.

I'm starting to feel like I'll see CS5 before I see a working neoHD for CS4.
Brian Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Sorry for my persistence on this topic, but it seems the windows products have been given a timeline for the realtime engine, but there is silence on the mac front. I am planning a project with a November edit that is really going to require some intermediate files in some form. Is there any chance that just the cineform importer/playback engine will be ported to the mac by then?
Brian Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm in the same boat here - still waiting for CS4 Mac support of NeoScene

There can't be that few of us using PP on a Mac that it makes no commercial sense to pursue this project!

Tom

Last edited by Tomaso Perrone; September 17th, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
Tomaso Perrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #4
Major Player

I dont think that they arent committed to adobe on the mac, I just think that they are short of resources. That doesnt make it any less frustrating for us though ;)
Brian Parker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase