HDV monitoring with Aspect HD on Cinema Display at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 26th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HDV monitoring with Aspect HD on Cinema Display

I would like to monitor the edited Z1 shots on a Cinema Display on a PC...how is that possible ?
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have just received our first HD PCIe card for evaluation with Aspect and Prospect HD. Pity now of our current workstation have PCIe :( , that will be addressed shortly.
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks David.
So you will have some news soon what kind of card to use ???
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2005, 09:06 AM   #4
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 by PNY Technologies Professional Video Edition

The NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 by PNY Professional Video Edition is designed for workstation graphics and video editing applications featuring real-time HD Component, S-Video, and composite video connections through an external breakout box.

The NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 by PNY Professional Video Edition delivers outstanding OpenGL graphics acceleration and simultaneous real-time video output. The combination of the FX 540 graphics board with the professional breakout box supports standard and high definition video display and works in-conjunction with leading non-linear editing and graphics software products.

The unique features of the NVIDIA Quadro FX540 by PNY Professional Video Edition all revolve around the ability to output video and HDTV from the breakout box. This package of both the board and the breakout box is designed to operate with leading non-linear editing software products. This makes the product a superb choice for non-linear video editing systems and DVD production applications. Designed for professional video users, the NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 by PNY Professional Video Edition offers excetional graphics performance and simultaneous real-time video output.

Attached to the NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 graphics board 9-pin connector, PNY Technologies professional breakout box provides simultaneous computer display and independent full screen video output. Video overlay display output enables the real time preview of video editing timelines and source clips on video monitors. Real-time HD Component, S-Video and composite video connections can be used for video editing, DVD authoring, and HDTV graphic board output.

http://www.videoguys.com/PNY.html

Gary
Old March 12th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #5
Major Player

In addition to the great sales pitch in the post by Gary above, I want to confirm that the FX540 card DOES work with Aspect HD - in fact it does a great job. It was being demonstrated at the recent HD Expo show in LA last week.

Once we've finished qualifying the new Matrox Parhelia HD card we'll also let everybody know about that.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 can do that the other cards cannot do? I am about to purchase (like in the next couple of days) the following card:

LEADTEK WinFast PX6600 GT TDH 128MB 6600GT Graphics Card *PCIE X 16 Graphics *DVI *TV Out *HDTV Out *nView
Multi-DisplayTechnology *8 Pixel Pipeline *128bit Memory Interface *SLI Support *CineFX 3.0

Is there a good reason to go for the NVidia

Thanks

Andrew
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:27 AM   #7
Regular Crew

david taylor wrote:
" In addition to the great sales pitch in the post by Gary above, I want to confirm that the FX540 card DOES work with Aspect HD - in fact it does a great job."

i am uncertain as to what you mean by 'does work' and 'a does a great job'. do you mean to say that CFHD clips played off the premiere timeline will output to an hd monitor at 720p analog component?

-- or do you mean that the pci-e card does a great job of previewing CFHD with the same ntsc signal that today's cards (like the parhelia) can already do adequately?

i have been using aspect-hd for well over a year and the idea of finally being able to cut with it at HD on a CRT is (or would be) a real milestone, to say the least.
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:59 AM   #8
Major Player

Both the new Nvidia FX540 and the anticipated new Matrox Parheila HD support component HD outputs for using a component HD monitor.
Old March 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM   #9
Regular Crew

jeez david, maybe i'm not asking the question forcefully enough.

if in early april, i buy a 6600GT card with HD analog component out, will my current CFHD files play off the premiere timeline out to an HD monitor at 720p or rather at 480i ?
Old March 21st, 2005, 01:48 PM   #10
Major Player

Sorry, I thought mentioning component HD answered the question. The FX540 supports 720p and 1080i (HD) as well as 480i (NTSC). This works great with CFHD files.

We have no first-hand experience with the 6600GT, but I did a quick look at the specs, and it seems to support component HD out also: http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=159&pid=2. Assuming the drivers work properly then you should be able to display CFHD files out at 720p or 1080i.

David.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 12:26 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Just to find out the actual answer for my original question any of these mentioned cards (FX540 , Matrox Parheila HD ) will work with premiere pro + aspect HD timeline monitoring on a cinema display with pc ??????!!!
If the card output 1080i component out signal is accpetd by this display since as far as I know cinema display doesnt have component in...right ??
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase