Video cards for Cineform/HDV? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 26th, 2005, 07:33 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
we are still awaiting for some driver upgrades from third parties for full HD-SDI output as well as analog component.
Can you expound on this a little more?...I am interested in monitor out but not with a video card :)
Randy Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Output and monitoring via HDSDI for Aspect HD is planned for an upcoming release -- but we still have some tweeks to complete this work.
Old May 26th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #18
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

We're getting good results withthe PNY540V card. http://www.videoguys.com/PNY.html

Premiere Pro HDV External Monitor Support

HDV project timelines can be previewed on external monitors using Adobe tested and supported graphic cards. These graphic cards must have the ability to support a second monitor and must have DirectX overlay support. Adobe has tested compatability of dual output graphic cards with component HD, S-video and composite outputs. Adobe has recommended the following NVIDIA Quadro FX Professional Graphic Board for use with Premiere Pro and HDV plug-in:

NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 by PNY Professional Video Edition (PCI Express, 128mb, dual head)

Settings for the external monitor setup are as follows:

NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 driver setup

1. In Windows Display Properties Click on the "Setings" Tab
2. Select the second monitor in the "Display" drop down menu
3. Be sure that the check box "Extend My Windows Desktop onto This Monitor" is CHECKED
4. Click on the "Advanced" button to view the NVIDIA Card
5. Click on the Tab with the NVIDIA Logo and the model name/number of the card.
6. In the side menu that pops out select "Full Screen Video"
7. In the "Full Screen Device" drop down menu, select "Auto-Select"
8. Apply the settings

We're also bundling it with Aspect HD http://www.videoguys.com/cineform.html

Gary
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Gary, can you run dual editing monitors and an external monitor? I know you can with the Matrox card.
Randy Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #20
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

The FX540V is a dual head card. So it;s either dual monitors or single monitor and video output.

The Matrox card is a triple head so it can do dula VGA and video out. Matrox cards have pretty poor OpenGL, which can make a difference with some NLE software and plug-ins.

gary
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:13 AM   #21
Regular Crew

That is too bad because I am addicted to dual monitors and I have a need for open Gl using Red and AE...guess I will wait and look at other monitor out options that David referred to. I do get to see it in AE using the Nx video out but Ppro is where I need it....
Randy Donato is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase