CineForm questions and problems with HDV - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 30th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #31
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please send these questions to support -- but I'll have a brief go.

a) confirm that you audio captured fine and works in Premiere. Check the waveform. Play the audio alone. On slower systems the audio can have startup pops and the video and audio compete for system resources.

b) Using an external 7200rpm is a good idea for a laptop. As laptops tend to only have USB2 or FireWire 400 these is little value in RAIDing the external.
Modern drives are faster than USB2 or FireWire 400.

c) Support is working with you.

Aspect HD and Premiere is much faster than Vegas 7 with Connect HD (Vegas 6 is faster than 7 but no where near Aspect HD.)
Old October 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #32
Regular Crew

a) Re-captured file and everything works ok. Thanks! Is there any way of deleting the confirmed audio files generated by Premiere Pro?

b) Any comments on the system itself? Should I increase the RAM?

c) Thanks!

Also...thanks for the info about Premiere Pro and Aspect HD.

Thanks for all your help! Rarely does someone from a company respond to customer queries on public forums. The customer service is alone worth the price of the product.

Best,
Aanarav
Old October 30th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #33
Wrangler

Any of the temp files can be deleted. Either look for them in Win Explorer, or go to the Scratch Disks part of the PPro Preferences dialog and see what the path is to temp audio files.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #34
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Good question about the RAM. If you can then add another 1GB. Premiere Pro recommends 1GB, and of course Aspect HD (and HD in general) will add to the system load. Although 1GB is fine for a faster system, the extra RAM may help you out.
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Thanks. I will bump it up to 2GB of 667mhz. Hopefully, that should ease off some of the load.
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:33 AM   #36
New Boot

HDV capture with Cineform but editing in DV

Hello

I'm shooting a short in HDV (sony Z1) using 50i and capturing using Cineform HDlink - deinterlacing on the fly to 25p. Problem i have is i won't have access to my editing pc (dual xeon 3.06), nor Cineform Aspect (installed on that computer) and will be out of the country for two months. But wanted to try and edit the video as best i can while I"m away since i have access to another PC. i recognize this sort of defeats the purpose of having Aspect but... es lo que hay.

question: if i down convert the clips to DV and edit in premiere pro, how would i use those edits to later go back and edit with the CFHD avi material on my editing PC. I imagine i can make an EDL in DV, but no idea how. any help would be appreciated

thanks

john
John Kahoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:39 PM   #37
Trustee

I suggest that you deactivate Aspect HD on your PC and reactivate it on the other. I just did that while switching editing PCs and it worked great. You can then reverse the process when you get back.

I have not had success with using DV to edit and then go back to HDV.
Old November 1st, 2006, 04:13 PM   #38
Trustee

1) Steven is quite correct about the ease of moving AspectHD between machines ... the Cineform site sends out new keys almost instantly.

2) Nevertheless, if you have all your HDV footage shot before you leave, you can certainly use the "proxy files" approach. You can make a DV copy of each Cineform file, edit with that when you are away, then when you return link each clip back to the original Cineform file before your final render.

Works great! Look up the term "proxy" in Premiere's Help to read the details.

I recommend using batch conversion to create the proxies - makes it much less tedious. TMPGEnc Xpress has a batch conversion option, I'm sure there are other apps that do as well.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #39
New Boot

Cineform HDV Capture Settings panel

This is probably a silly question.
I'm using Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and I have just downloaded and installed the latest trial version of Aspect HD. I can't find the Cineform HDV Capture Settings panel (which I suppose should look like this http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...7&d=1163445792 ). Does the camera have to be connected in order for the panel to appear? (I can't verify this myself because I'm waiting for my camera to be delivered)
Thanks in advance
Kuba Majewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #40
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, the camera has to be connected.
Old December 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #41
New Boot

Thanks for the reply.
Kuba Majewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #42
Regular Crew

I Wont Convert Clip Hdv M2t 1080i To Wmvhd Help My

Dear friend, sorry for my bad english.
I make a video Hdv with my little Sony Hc3 and use Sony Vegas 7c for editing clip, m2t.
I would convert my video m2t 1080i to windows media video hd (wmvhd) 720p wich one is the way to obtain the best conversion ???
my tool sw is:
vegas 7c for video editing
virtual dub for deinterlace
procoder 2 and mainconcept for encoding
cineform’s Aspect HD v3.2.36 it is good for this conversion ???

i hope a good solution for a good deinterlace image to wmvhd.
i am waiting your help.

thanks a lot
marco
Marco Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM   #43
Trustee

Use Procoder.

Specify your mt2 file as the input file and wmv as the output file. If you want your wmv file to be deinterlaced, specify "no fields" in the output file settings.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #44
New Boot

previewing HDV footage with an SD or HD monitor with Aspect

I'm using Aspect HD with PPro2. Currently I have a two DVI monitor desktop using an Nvidia Quadro 1400 graphics card.

I would like to preview my HDV footage on a third monitor for colour correction etc. This may be an HD or SD monitor depending on how much money I need to spend.

What is the ideal setup for this. I've been told Aja Xena HS (or LHe, I have a spare PCIe slot) or the Matrox Parhelia APVe, but I just don't know. The price difference seems pretty big.

If I use these cards will I be able to still use my Quadro for the 2 DVI, i.e. use two graphics cards at once?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex
Alex Hatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #45
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We need Prospect HD for using the AJA Xena cards, and yes that will work very well with you existing graphic card setup with no conflicts. However, I wouldn't mix a Parahelia with you NVidia card, a Parahelia would replace the NVidia card.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase