Was itching to switch - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:28 AM   #16
Trustee

Thanks Graeme, I'm looking into that work-flow.

Gentlemen, I'll have to draw out my intented workflows, and commit to paper how all this fits into my needs.

Its comforting knowing that either a Mac or PC solution would suffice, as I like having options, (who doesn't?).

I've learned in the past about jumping to solutions without proper planning, and having a invested into a Video Toaster system that has given me grief, when a much simplier solution was a decent system and the adobe video collection. I may have been green behind the ears then. But no excuses today.

Thanks for your help. It's decision time.

Pete
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2005, 12:41 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling
I agree with more options for PC, but I though true "native" DVCPRO HD was a mac only codec.
Apple has clearly done more to support DVCProHD on Macs than anything available on PCs, but Canopus does offer an optional "codec pack" which supports native DVCProHD editing using their hardware-based HD/HDV editing products. Hence you not only have more options for working with DVCProHD on PCs, you have the same native option you get with FCP.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #18
Trustee

With Apple annoucing a switch to Intel, I have no choice but to stick with a windows box for this next cycle. Maybe in 2008 I'll revisit the issue again.

Pete
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase