Quicktime MOV exports at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Quicktime MOV exports

I exported video to Cineform Quicktime MOV format recently and the client is unable to open the file. Does the client need to install Cineform codec to view the video? The client is using a Mac.

Also, would the client be able to import the video into a FCP project?
Richard Eary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Trustee

Yes he needs the codec - the decoder is free. I don't use Mac so not sure how to best get it ... someone here will know.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM   #3
Major Player

Free CineForm decoders in a package we call "Neo Player": Neo Player Downloads. Note that we'll be updating this in a few days (Friday/Monday maybe) and will have additional performance in the decoder if your client is using a slow-is machine.

David.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quicktime

Thank you.... That is what I expected
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Fcp wrong aspect ratio

My client says the Quicktime mov shows up in 4:3 instead of widescreen. How do you change the settings in FCP to set the ratio to 1.2 widescreen? Her timeline is 16:9 HD. My QT file plays on my PC in widescreen.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Open the settings for the sequence. There are a number of selections in there to change the aspect ratio. You may need to check "anamorphic" for the sequence. Does the clip play in QuickTime on the Mac correctly?
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM   #7
Regular Crew

She says the video plays perfectly except that it is in 4:3. Which makes the talent tall and skinny. I am going to stop by tomorrow to help her fix the problem. Al though, I have never used a Mac before. Could you give me a list of things to check?

She says her timeline is already in 16:9. I am guessing the QT video settings need to be modified from within FCP to change the aspect ratio from 1.0 (4:3) to 1.2 (16:9).
Richard Eary is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase