DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   PC updates to version 4.1.2 officially out. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/466344-pc-updates-version-4-1-2-officially-out.html)

David Newman October 23rd, 2009 04:00 PM

PC updates to version 4.1.2 officially out.

Lots of tweaks and fixes, very nice rework of First Light making an already easy to use tool even easier (we even updated the FL manual.)

Update tools are NEO HD, 4K & 3D and Prospect HD, 4K and 3D. Yes 3D for Windows is finally out.

Download you update of trial from CineForm Product Downloads

Stephen Armour October 24th, 2009 03:53 AM

David, FL gives me a "cannot start the player process" with the new update, and though it loads the program, won't import or play anything. This was on a 32bit XP ws, with CS3.

We haven't tried it yet on the x64's with CS4 and CS3 on them.

Suggestions?

Stephen Armour October 24th, 2009 05:42 AM

Runs fine on the x64 machines with both CS4 and CS3.

I've got a clue now as to the FL weirdness on the 32bit machine. It had Prospect 4K on it before we downscaled to HD, and the loader is detecting that and the 3D version of FL is being loaded, instead of the regular HD.

Still won't run, so could that be from having HD instead of 4K on that machine?

Tim Bickford October 24th, 2009 08:52 AM

I have not checked in for a while. Is the version "realtime"?

David Newman October 24th, 2009 10:30 AM

Stephen,

If FL is saying "cannot start the player process", for some reason it is starting in the wrong path. Right click on First Light shortcut icon (wherever you launch it) and open properties tell me what "Start in:" says. It should point to "C:\Program Files\CineForm\Tools" on a 32-bit system.

David Newman October 24th, 2009 10:31 AM

Tim,

No CS4 play module yet, this was the last big build before the CS4 playback gets integrated.

David H. Wilson October 24th, 2009 10:37 AM

I'm floored

Prospect 3D is astonishing; I had no idea what was coming our way. We just this week returned from 6 weeks of gathering 20 hours of 3D material in far-away places. Prospect 3D is going to make our lives unimaginably easier and better. The work-flow is brilliant and, thus far, is feeling very robust. (CS3 - 32bit)

Countless thanks to the Davids and the whole of the CineForm team for the excellent tool.

David Wilson

Charles W. Hull October 24th, 2009 11:15 AM

I have a couple of issues with the FL histogram with ProspectHD. First, the histogram doesn't display correctly unless I put in some offset in framing (just 0.01 will do it). Otherwise the displayed histogram shows just a small amount of the information toward the dark end.

The second issue is that the histogram won't display in CS4, and it kills CS4 if I try to use it. I don't know whether or not the histogram is supposed to play in the editor - it would be nice. The histogram plays in my other viewers, albiet slowly.

David Newman October 24th, 2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David H. Wilson (Post 1437295)
Prospect 3D is astonishing; I had no idea what was coming our way. We just this week returned from 6 weeks of gathering 20 hours of 3D material in far-away places. Prospect 3D is going to make our lives unimaginably easier and better. The work-flow is brilliant and, thus far, is feeling very robust.

Countless thanks to the Davids and the whole of the CineForm team for the excellent tool.

David Wilson

Wow! I giddy with that comment. There is so much more we have planned for 3D, we are just pleased to offer something that enhances the workflow into the PC market (just as we did for the Mac.) PC is more my domain, so this one I've be personally working on for some time.

David Newman October 24th, 2009 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles W. Hull (Post 1437308)
I have a couple of issues with the FL histogram with ProspectHD. First, the histogram doesn't display correctly unless I put in some offset in framing (just 0.01 will do it). Otherwise the displayed histogram shows just a small amount of the information toward the dark end.

The second issue is that the histogram won't display in CS4, and it kills CS4 if I try to use it. I don't know whether or not the histogram is supposed to play in the editor - it would be nice. The histogram plays in my other viewers, albiet slowly.

Histograms are tricky beasts, they often don't display much if the data is skewed with a lot of saturated blacks or whites.

Sorry about the CS4, no one reported that in the beta :(. However, I don't see it here, not issue, histogram is working, so please submit a trouble ticket with support.

David H. Wilson October 24th, 2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1437311)
Wow! I giddy with that comment. There is so much more we have planned for 3D, we are just pleased to offer something that enhances the workflow into the PC market (just as we did for the Mac.) PC is more my domain, so this one I've be personally working on for some time.

That's OK, I'm giddy about the possibilities offered by P3D. Thanks again for all the work. I'm looking forward to the further releases.

Stephen Armour October 24th, 2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1437288)
Stephen,

If FL is saying "cannot start the player process", for some reason it is starting in the wrong path. Right click on First Light shortcut icon (wherever you launch it) and open properties tell me what "Start in:" says. It should point to "C:\Program Files\CineForm\Tools" on a 32-bit system.

"C:\Program Files\CineForm\Tools\scripts"

That's from the icon in the CF install folder. When I took off the "scripts" at the end, all is well....tnx

Stephen Armour October 25th, 2009 07:36 PM

Need to double check installer

David, you might need to double check that installer on the latest build. One other x64 CS3 ws of our also had the wrong address as you mentioned. I corrected it and it now is okay.

David Newman October 26th, 2009 12:58 PM

Found and fixed an issue with the Prospect HD installer for the First Light short cut (P4K and P3D, and Neo seems fine.)

David H. Wilson October 26th, 2009 07:28 PM

Trouble with export from PP from P3D muxed file

David,

I'm having a bit of trouble with exporting from a muxed 3D file in PP CS3.

I've muxed a right eye and left eye file to a file named A109_C029SeqLR_RAW.avi. That file plays fine in all 3D display types in WMP and shows up in all 3D display types in PP as well. I have full active data control of that file in First Light (color correction, Orientation etc.)

When I export from PP in any 3D display type except Side-by-Side (Anaglyph, Over-Under, Onion Skin etc.) the file will export fine in the appropriate 3D display type. When I attempt to export Side-by-Side, I get a side by side image without the color information (B&W) and without the stereo information (left eye only repeated two times). On occasion the exported file will only show one or two vertical green bars.

Other than this, I'm have a great time working with P3D. Many thanks,

David