Matrox MXO2 Mini at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 28th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Matrox MXO2 Mini

Any word on this working with Prospect HD yet? They are non responsive to my emails and they don't support Win 7 yet - I purchased the thing and sold my intensity card - think I made a mistake.
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Major Player

HI Tom.
Ive had the mini and compressedhd since it first came out and I have no problems with prospecthd files. I cant capture in cineform yet but the previews are excellent via hdmi or composite out.
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Gary,
It works but I can't use firstlight with it, and they have not even released drivers for Win 7 yet (it's the only product I own that doesn't work with Windows 7). Seems they are more Mac driven with this product, and they are not going to allow others, like Cineform, to use it. Can you run 3-4 layers of Prospect HD in CS4 using the Matrox presets?
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Tom.
First light also works for me.
There are drivers coming for Windows 7.. and cant agree that Matrox are more Mac driven nor excluding Cineform. (I'm a beta tester for Matrox so can vouch for my statement)
If you are on windows 7 have you tried the program in windows compatibility mode?
I will be in Windows 7 myself next week.

I can use 3-4 layers but it does struggle with Cineform files in real time if they aren't rendered. I also find that alpha channels are hard work to process.
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Gary,
So you get HDMI output out of the Matrox using firstlight? I am happy to hear that you are a beta tester and have some inside info-I really like the unit but would like to use the Cineform Codec. I have emailed both sales, support, and posted on the forums with no responses - so it seems they don't really care. FYI - on their web site they posted a message saying the unit is presently not compatible with Windows 7 (Matrox MXO User Forum :: View topic - Windows 7 Support), so I can't use it or try anything at the moment. Thanks for your input.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Santopolo View Post
Hi Gary,
So you get HDMI output out of the Matrox using firstlight? I am happy to hear that you are a beta tester and have some inside info-I really like the unit but would like to use the Cineform Codec. I have emailed both sales, support, and posted on the forums with no responses - so it seems they don't really care. FYI - on their web site they posted a message saying the unit is presently not compatible with Windows 7 (Matrox MXO User Forum :: View topic - Windows 7 Support), so I can't use it or try anything at the moment. Thanks for your input.

Hi Tom.
No I do not get HDMI output directly from FirstLight. Im sorry I misunderstood your question.
I am not on Windows 7... but wondedred if you could try the program in compatabilty mode.
I have not tried it myself. I can vouch that therere is a lot of work going on for the PC versions.
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #7
Major Player

I can't get it to output to HDMI for anything PP or the Matrox AV tools what's the trick? I know there is something simple I am missing. I am trying to get it out to an Ikan 8000HDMI.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase