firstlight NEL Sync doesn't match my preview window? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 4th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #1
New Boot

firstlight NEL Sync doesn't match my preview window?

In CS3 my firstlight sync doesn't match what i see in the preview window when i play the timeline. Is this an issue with my Dell monitor settings? or is there a box i need to check/ uncheck in cineform.

I shot the footage in Rspace. Set to RSpace in firstlight and in CS3?

I exported a frame grab to see what 'look' im acutally exporting and it was the joging look not the playing look.

any ideas.
Scott Holgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #2
New Boot

sorry this in prospect 4k
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Not sure what you are reporting. Please file a trouble ticket with more details Support Center
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #4
New Boot

Let me better explain this.

so im using prospect 4k (latest version) with CS3. The issue i'm having is what seems to be a gammer shift or brightness/ contrast shift between scrubing through the timeline and when playing it back. The difference is huge. when scrubing the contrast is major, when playing the image appers closer to the desired effect i created in firstlight but less contrast.

I wonder if it is a graphics card setting or monitor issue.
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #5
Wrangler

If it is an nVidia card, that's the issue and much discussed. Otherwise sounds like a trouble ticket issue.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #6
New Boot

ati 1950 series.

Last edited by Scott Holgate; November 4th, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #7
Regular Crew

First let me say that I have no experience with Red footage and correct settings, but I know I few things about computers in general.

I think this is your graphics card video settings at play. In your graphics card control panel you have specific settings for playing back video, as opposed to a still frame (or normal 2D interface settings- which bypasses this "video playing engine").

It might very well be specific to how Premiere Pro handles the video playing in it's program monitor.

I remember having a similar issue when I was on a Windows system, and I sorted it out by going into my gfx card control panel and tweaking the settings for gamma and color by eye, going back and forth between PPro and the control panel.

It was pretty annoying but I got close enough in the end to just leave it at that.
Andree Markefors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase