No sound converting AVCHD files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 25th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

No sound converting AVCHD files

I am not getting any sound when converting AVCHD files from a panasonic TM300 hd camcorder. I am using the most recent version of cineform Prospect HD 4. I actually converted the files to Canopus HQ then to cineform. 1st file was fine, about 3 min long. The 2nd file had sound for about 10min then nothing for the next 8 min. Any ideas what is going on? I am using Windows 7 64Bit Professional and an I7-920 system.
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

File a trouble ticket (Support Center) as I'm not sure what you are doing, particularly with the HQ files. Support will likely want samples.
Old November 29th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Tourist

Also...No Sound Converting AVCHD

I own AspectHD. I uninstalled it and then installed ProspectHD Trial
My new camera is a Sony HDR CX500V recording in AVCHD HD-FH(highest quality).

When I use HDLink to Convert the files I get no audio in the resulting .dvi file either from within PP-CS4 or just directly playing the file. The .m2ts files do play audio directly in multiple media players and when imported into a non Cineform PP-CS4 project.

As suggested in another posting, I installed AC3Filter ver 1.63b and rebooted my computer. I still get no audio on the .dvi files converted from the native .m2ts files. I have tried converting several different files.

Help ticket has been entered.

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600
CPU Speed: 2.4GHz
Main Memory: DDR2 SDRAM
Memory Amount: 8GB
Drives: Dedicated 10K Program Drive and dedicated 10k Video Drive
System Usage: Dedicated Video Capture/Edit Workstation
Motherboard Manufacturer: Dell nVidia XPS 630i
Graphics Card Model #: nVidia GeForce 8800GT
CineForm Product: Prospect HD & HDLink
Version and Build #: 4.1.2 Build 225
Serial Number: Trial
NLE Version: Premiere Pro CS4 Version 4.2
Claiborne Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

AC3Filter is used for conversion and creating the AVI files. You will need to run HDLink conversions again now that AC3Filter has been installed.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #5
Tourist

I had . . . but this works...

I have run the conversions again after installing filter, several times on several different files. Also have unistalled AC3Filter, rebooted, reinstalled filter, rebooted and tried to convert again. Same result.

Just now uninstalled AC3Filter again. Then reinstalled this time with both 32 bit and 64 bit filter options checked. Since I was using windows 7 64 bit, I had first just installed the 64 bit options of AC3Filter. Now with 32 and 64 both selected. I get sound now when I convert my files and play them. Just imported them into test CS4-CF project and I have audio there too now.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Seems you may have made too many steps. Normally there is no setup, just install the AC3Filter (32-bit version is all that is needed.) Contact support on Monday (or file a trouble ticket today.)
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #7
Tourist

All Fine

It's working fine now.
Just cancelled Ticket #:611-8307030
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #8
Trustee

With Premiere CS4.1 and ProspectHD4.10 on a Win7 64-bit system, all is good. But if I upgrade to CS4.2 and either ProspectHD4.20 or 4.30, AVCHD conversions through HDLink lose their audio.

(I did a system image restore the first time this happened and it's a consistent glitch on my system.)

Will try installing AC3 filter and will report back if I have success.

EDIT: OK I can confirm that installing AC3Filter (both 32- and 64-bit) does indeed fix the problem. Interestingly, before the upgrades (when HDLink worked) and after the upgrades (when it didn't) Graphedit reported that the Mainconcept AVCHD decoders were being used for the audio and video AVCHD streams, so nothing appeared to change there. Following the AC3Filter install (when HDLink started working again) Graphedit confirmed that AC3Filter was now being used for the audio decode.

Last edited by Graham Hickling; December 6th, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase