Corrupted frames in Cineform transocded clip. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 16th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Corrupted frames in Cineform transocded clip.

I loaded up a Cineform clip today and the first 2 frames of the clip were corrupted. I freaked out, thinking perhaps my HMC150 had recorded these corruptions so I went back to the original MTS file and the frames were clean. Has anyone ever seen these types of corruption by Cineform?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7...ormproblem.jpg

A problem I observed while transcoding about 640 AVCHD clips to Cineform -Twice in the process, Cineform would hang while transcoding a clip. I would walk away for a period of time and when I got back, I noticed that Cineform had stopped running and my RAID array had gone to sleep. HDLink's progress bar was stuck. I would kill the app and whatever progress had be done on that last clip was already saved to file and I could actually play the clip. Strange since I would have assumed the last clip would be unplayable. I'm not sure if the problem with this clip is related to the behavior I observed..
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Major Player

I should also add that this clip was the 2nd of a series of disjointed long clip produced by the HMC150.. The maximum file size is 4GB and the HMC automatically creates a new file after it reached 4GB...

That being said, I have other clips disjointed like the one above and Cineform converted those just fine.
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Just found another "spanned" clip that has corruption on the 1st frame after transcoded to cineform...
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I don't know why that is. Likely there is something incompatible with the Main Concept decoder or upstream demux we use. I gather these are large (source) files, maybe you could burn a sample to DVD-ROM (send to support,) so we could test why this is happening.
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #5
Major Player

Yeah there must be some inherent incompatibility between Cineform and how the spanned clips are individually packaged. However, I've modified my workflow to joining the spanned clip first, then transcode...
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Major Player

Corrupted frames in Cineform transocded clip

I have the same problem since the thanksgiving beta and now I installed the latest build
and I still have the corrupted frames on serveral clips.I captured the same footage in adobe native and had no problems .All this is done in CS3

thanks Rudy
Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It is unlikely to have anything to do with the betas, as the HDV capture engine hasn't changed in a very long time. Contact support as they will help you solve the issue.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase