HDLink vs. Intermediates Rendered Out of Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Major Player

HDLink vs. Intermediates Rendered Out of Vegas

Is there any difference to converting 5D2 clips in HDLink(NeoScene) vs. dropping the originals in a Vegas Timeline and rendering out CF intermediates from Vegas?

I ask because of two reasons:

1. I'd like to be able to do a rough edit on some clips prior to rendering to intermediates, and that is a no-brainer from the Vegas timeline.

2. Many times, for web production, I prefer to render 720p intermediates and since NeoScene won't let me do that, I can easily also do that from the Vegas timeline too.

But, is there a quality difference by going one route over the other (and although I am aware of the 29.97 conversion, let's just assume that isn't an issue because I'd stay in 30.00p either way by using the appropriate CF registry key to do so).

Thanks in advance for any help...
Bill Binder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase