NeoHD or ProspectHD for Ppro CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 10th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

NeoHD or ProspectHD for Ppro CS4

Hey all - just wanted to know - Im about to trial a cineform work flow with Ppro CS4 on my XP 64bit workstation. From what I can see the only difference is the real time engine for Ppro which would make ProspectHD the logical choice however I hear everyone complaining that the RT engine doesnt work.

SO at this stage should I just trial and then purchase NeoHD or is ProspectHD still a better option even with broken realtime in CS4? Given that I can upgrade to Prospect later by just paying the difference, would this be the best way to go?
Paul Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #2
Major Player

The fact that there is no RTE with Prospect essentially cripples it to equality with NeoHD.

Since First Light is included with NeoHD, I would go that route while gearing up your hardware to accomodate CS5. Research the Mercury Playback and you'll see why the RTE is going to be irrelevant.

For many of us are having to await closure with the Prospect/CS4 conflicts. I need about five days with a fully functional Prospect with my CS4 projects to trim and archive. Then the plan is to move onto a workstation that will handle CS5.

Cineform will still prove invaluable with First Light, but playback acceleration is going to be achieved with hardware.

The big question is what sort of roadblocks are we in store for with CS5 when it comes to the integration of Cineform. CS4 has been disappointing in pretty much every way. Premiere in the CS5 release may finally shed its "Crash-O-Matic" reputation when installed on a 64-bit OS with 12gb of RAM (recommended by Adobe).
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

OMFG - Im not easily blown away but damn if Im not picking myself off the floor and trembling with excitement.

The Genesis Project: Technology Sneek Peek: Adobe® Mercury Playback Engine

and then i hear whispers of CS5 coming out as early as April 2010...
Paul Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Regular Crew

^^

Wow that looks very interesting!!!
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase